• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wellman glow plugs

84cucv1ton

i just got a new set of them for the m1008. started to take the old ones out. there is wellmans in there already look pretty new. good shape even the spade is clean. truck will not start at all. think i might have jumped the gun. when i picked the truck up. it started right up. been through this so many times. think i would have it all figured out.

ideas thanks a gain

m38inmaine

Check to make sure it is getting fuel, try bleeding the fuel filter and look for good flow, check to make sure you have voltage at the glow plugs, try cracking the injector line at the injector to see if fuel is making it there. Never heard back on the M1028 brackets.

Mark

JC

Does it crank over or do you get nothing at all? If it cranks but doesn't start it could be the glow plug relay or a control card. If it doesn't crank at all, try shifting the gear lever to neutral or shift it around and then back to park and then try to start it. Sometimes I need to do that with my M1009.

BobM

i just got a new set of them for the m1008. started to take the old ones out. there is wellmans in there already look pretty new. good shape even the spade is clean. truck will not start at all. think i might have jumped the gun. when i picked the truck up. it started right up. been through this so many times. think i would have it all figured out.

ideas thanks a gain

Did you actually CHECK the glowplugs and found them good? Or did you just go by the LOOK? I actually did the same once. The PO had put a new set of plugs in an engine. I did a simple test of the GP circuit and it showed good. After much expense and time I was no better off. So I began at the beginning and tested EACH plug. Yep, the ding-a-ling PO had "tested" all the plugs and burnt out all but one! A new set of GOOD plugs and I had the best starting 6.2 you ever saw!:oops:

BobM

Have you found your problem yet? Did you check each glowplug seperately? I just changed mine and I tested them all seperately and found 5 dead and only 3 live! And the first one I took out looked almost new and tested fine. But the other three on that side were dead. My 1008 now starts like summertime and it has been down to 14 here lately!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks