• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Were to find out more information

Monty

I just purchased a 1958 5ton, gas engine with a 4 speed. Were can I locate more information about it? Are the gas engines worth keeping or should (could) it be converted over to diesel?
Thanks for any and all help anyone can give.
Ser# M543364 Date Dec. 58 this is what I was told was on the data plate.
Chad.

papercu

truck

Well that depend on what you plan to do with it, work or fun?
If the gas was running good and you don't mind 4 mpg (if you are lucky) I would keep it.
The diesel made for that truck is only a little better at 5 mpg but it will then sound like a real truck. :D Wayne

acetomatoco

RE: truck

If your truck only has a 4 speed tranny you are not dealing with original equipment. Your data plate indicates it is an early M54, built with a Continental 6602 gas engine and a 5 speed Spicer transmission and a two speed transfer case... There is more information available for that truck than you could read in a lifetime... Start with all the Manuals for the G744 ...you can buy them at Portrayal Press... The series TM 9-2320-211 manuals are what you need to be studying.. All the parts you need are just down the road in Akron OH... Sam Winer Motors...

Monty

Thanks for the information, I have yet to get it home and I'm going off what information was in the ad, once it's here I'll verifiy the information is correct I'll post again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I think it goes without saying we want to see some pics of your truck!!

:nopics:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks