• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Western PA members

gunboy1656

This weekend at Beaver County airport they are having their drive/fly in. It will be Saturday morning. They will serve a breakfast and a lunch for participants. No cost to enter.

Not sure of the times for the event right now, but I will be calling for that info tomorrow. I am taking out my deuce and mule.

Would like to get a few other local members to come out. Maybe start having some get gatherings.

gunboy1656

Should also mention there will be cars as well as airplanes you can walk around and look at.

They have an C123, an OV10B and an F15 they have out on display not to forget some others.

Oros35

Columbus. This will be interesting. I had a truck and trailer lined up, but that fell through. So I'm gonna try to drive it home, site unseen. Site said it did run, hopefully it still does.

tom2147

Oros if your traveling interstate 70 to recover your deuce and run into problems in eastern Ohio I'd be willing to lend a hand. I live near St Clairsville. PM me if you want my phone number.

gunboy1656

Well had the show today. Sorry no pics, my wife never made it out to me with the camera.

There was 3 ground based MV's present. a mule (not mine), an M38a1, and my deuce. Had a lot of people stop and ask questions.

I was even taken back when I was talking with the mule owner, and another guy (don't remember his name right now) said "aren't you gunboy1656?" Hopefully he posts up here.

The mule was owned at one point by the Army, the Marines and the forest service. They painted it this nasty yellow color, even the motor was painted yellow.

All in all it was a good day to have the truck out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks