• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What’s the max continuous load a 005 will carry. I saw a guy run one up to 49kw

Philratcliffe

I have a few 005 questions
There was a post here on as where a generator repair guy picked up a poor running 005!that had been run one hour a month for a year or so with no load so it was wet stacked badly. He ran it and kept increasing the load til he got to 30 kw. Ran it like that for about two hours then kept loading it up to see what it would pull and it went to 49.8 kw.

What is the max load you can run one of the 005s to continuously without damaging the unit?

How many hours between oil changes?

Are all white engines in the 005s 2 valve or 4 valve engines?

Thanks in advance for any info guys.

flydude92

What is the max load you can run one of the 005s to continuously without damaging the unit?
I would be afraid to find out.
It's been a couple years since I tried this but if I remember the TM says it will go into overload after about 8 minutes.
I ran mine at 36,000 watts for about 8 minutes when it shut down with an overload light. I wanted to see if it would shut down and I only
was going to run it about 10 minutes before I shut it down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks