• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these lights?

ODdave

Are these IR lights? I have never seen them made out of plastic with plastic lenses. Anyone have a clue? The bulbs are missing

Info on them- Julian A McDermott Corp.
1639 Stephen street
Ridgewood Queens NY 11385

I dont see anything regarding wattage or voltage on them....

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda looks like IR. All the IR i've seen have been in a very heavy duty housing. However, I did find a newer style wrecker spotlight that was in the plastic case too, so I guess it's possible.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw lights that looked similar to them mounted on a 816 wrecker. They were warning lights but im not by any means 100% on that. I was told they flashed but Idid not see them operate.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw lights that looked similar to them mounted on a 816 wrecker. They were warning lights but im not by any means 100% on that. I was told they flashed but Idid not see them operate.

Yes, but aren't they a little smaller and mount in one of the smaller turn signal guards? Also, I think there's only one on a wrecker.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, I saw a pair of those yesterday! Looks like a Model 112-S.
Doesn't look rugged enough or the correct hardware to be military.

ODdave

They definatly look like the 112-s, They are on brackets that are painted with carc and the plastic the housings are made from is the exact same color as my m35 tail light housings.......Is it posible they where some sort of improvised add on?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They definatly look like the 112-s, They are on brackets that are painted with carc and the plastic the housings are made from is the exact same color as my m35 tail light housings.......Is it posible they where some sort of improvised add on?

I'd shoot them an e-mail and ask about military products.
Take a cover off and shine a light through it, see if it's an IR filter or just a colored lens.

Last edited:

jimm1009

Standard wrecker truck front light is one of many uses but not that
mounting bracket, or at least not for the 2.5 & 5 tone trucks.
Deuce and 5 ton wreckers had them on one side only in the front.
What I don't remember is if the red is the 1st generation or the 2nd.
They also used amber in it's place. One color was issued originally and then the Army issued the 2d color to get rid of the 1st one.

jimm1009

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I am just wondering. For the unenlightened here.
Can someone give me a basic rundown on what is the use of IR lights, etc.?
Especially on a vehicle.
And when you have one, and it is turned on, how can you tell its turned on,
when you cannot see the light?

Thank you, Good day,

CJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks