• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Deuce Spare Parts do You Carry?

Mark2X2

Besides a belt and light bulbs, whats the magic part to keep you going? When I was running a 360 Dodge camper, always carried a ballast resistor, and an ignition module. Is there a similar Deuce part you should carry?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a lot of parts with mine, so I've been working on a list myself. Definitely fuel filters, extra oil, bearing and seals for at least one axle, one axle boot, battery terminals, and a u-joint. If I was going to somethin like Haspin I'd probably bring some more parts in case someone else broke down. On a long trip I'd bring an alternator, maybe a brake booster and master cylinder, and some wheel cylinders. I also want to stock some cheaper parts like hoses.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also found it's a good idea to keep a extra light switch on board. If that switch goes out (especially at night) you could be in big trouble. It's not something you're going to find at any of the auto stores. If you're using a push button switch this is a must.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
HA! I keep an in-tank pump, an IP, fuel filters, belts, tow bar, wheel bearings, grease, bfs, and LOTS of tools.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp forgot to include Stretch's M108. I suppose he'll have to scratch that one off of the list for the time being.

x-ray

Carry an assortment of things that might help limp home short distances
  • bulbs,
  • zip tie straps,
  • gorilla tape or vynil repair tape (good stuff) emergency repair of whatever including soft tops.
  • Self taping sceres (grounding)
  • Assortment of nuts /bolts = life saver, lost a clutch linkage knuckle pin while on a short drive, 2 minute fix with spare bolt.
  • primary filter
  • ether
  • pack of 14 ga automotive wire - you never know when you need to improve a ground or re-wire, or test something electrical. You can get 20 ft at wallymart for $5.
  • wiper blades
  • Rain-X as wiper motors are crap in my opinion and die when you need it the most.
  • return springs for clutch, e-brake
  • pack of misc springs in general - never know when its handy.
  • 10 ton / 30ft tow strap - not as ideal as a towbar, but we've used it on the farm to tow one disabled deuce (radiator leak) to a safe haven repair area. These are like only $20 at sportsmans guide.
  • Spare radiator hoses Upper / lower / sections of 3 in strait hose etc.
  • Spare radiator cap
  • Spare belts (all3) Keep alarge pipe or monkey wrench with you if you don't get compreesore belt pulley wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks