• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you please specify exactly which truck this happened on. It may be obvious to you, but we in the peanut gallery like things spelled out so we can form possible answers.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think its on his fmtv but I guess I could be wrong.
I think so too, but I know nothing about them. But... someone who only reads what he put in the text might have a hard time figuring that out and skip the thread, when they have the answer he is looking for.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a chaffed power lead/wire. Look at the wire bundles routed over frame work/ edged body panels. I have found several chaffed wires on my trucks. Lots of vibration in these vehicles. First time it shorts, the breaker pops, second time it shorts, it welds itself to the ground element.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the issue is not very many of us here have any fmtv experience. Even guys who may have driven or do drive them in active duty, don't work on them beyond basics. I wish I had an answer for you. One more reason I stick to the old trucks. A lot less for me to figure out when things go wrong.

If you changed the module but the fuse keeps blowing, then I agree with scar and look for a chaffed wire somewhere in that circuit. Are there other components fed by that fuse besides the PDP? Maybe a sensor or something? Could try unplugging things one at a time and see if it still blows. But I personally would check all connections and wire in that circuit first.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks