• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted wheels for newest M101A2.
383 Green on face and rest of wheel is flat black. (Black paint applied after pic).

I know they’re supposed to be all black but want to see how this looks on mine.
Easy to fix if I don’t like the overall look.

Tan trailer is going back to green.
Will have a Camo top.

6141122D-9876-4EBB-BBDE-EF2668A3AC52.jpeg

Will let these sit in the sun for a few days before installing new clamp valve stems and new tires.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 881880

Will let these sit in the sun for a few days before installing new clamp valve stems and new tires.
I had a leak on the clamp style valve and the tire shop did not have replacement rubber seals in stock. To add insult to the problem , they did not have the regular valve either as it has the big hole which nothing in the last 25 years+ uses anymore. I went and got 2 rubber stems and now keep one in my tow vehichle in the glove box as I drag the m101 everywhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere :cool:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a leak on the clamp style valve and the tire shop did not have replacement rubber seals in stock. To add insult to the problem , they did not have the regular valve either as it has the big hole which nothing in the last 25 years+ uses anymore. I went and got 2 rubber stems and now keep one in my tow vehichle in the glove box as I drag the m101 everywhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere :cool:
Dill makes the clamp style valve stems for these.
Made in USA too!!

8D008E7F-4945-43C7-BBB7-85915DBF3E12.jpeg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's for sure one nice thing about paint!
These rims aren’t the best.
Didn’t realize that someone used a hammer on them until after stripping them.
The backs weren’t rusted so I’m not sure why the beating.
Oh well…….
Character and they were almost free.

If the green wheels look stupid, super easy to paint black.
I’ve seen the green wheels on CUCVs and trailers.
Looks ok

Darylfraser

So I got some NOS data plates for my 1966 M105A2 awhile ago. Bored tonight so I decided to fill them in by hand just how they left the factory, complete with crooked characters and my favorite, the misspelled “Johnson Furnace Co.” and US Army. Somebody lost the “S” in their punch set! I love stuff like this! Boy do I need a hobby. Oh wait….

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
0287F303-1A4F-4EC4-B64C-497845571553.jpeg

Finally found something to do with this trailer.
This will make a nice portable pressure washer.

It’s much more stable than it looks.
Already have a cover and hose adapters ordered.

A one of a kind M101A1 built by Raytheon to carry FireFinder Radar.

Now it transports water.

cucvrus

I completed a full LED lighting conversion to my M1102 trailer. I cheated and done it in 30 minutes. I swapped out the incandescent bulbs for Stanley 12/24 LED bulbs. View attachment 879025 View attachment 879030 It was that easy. I have the regular LED lamps and taillamps but will use them on another future project. View attachment 879024 View attachment 879028 View attachment 879031 View attachment 879033 View attachment 879035I have this trailer listed for sale it is not working out as I had planned. I was offered Free Wood today, so I came home from work and hooked it to my truck. It is high and difficult to unload. It hauls a lot of wood and handles the weight well, but I am opting for another style trailer. I have a Pennsylvania title for this trailer and have it listed on Market Place. Take Care.
I also wanted to mention that the LED trailer lights were not compatible to the CUCV. I had to change the flasher to a Grote 44891 2 prong LED flasher. I think the issue was with just changing the rear bulbs in the CUCV but just to be safe I changed the flasher. The LED flasher has a ground wire that can be clipped or screwed fast anywhere under the dash. With an all-steel dash and cab ground is no issue. But it must be attached, or the flasher is inoperable.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Liking that Blue, Tinstar. How'd you pick that shade, USAF?
Nope
Old Ford Blue

Trailer will be pulled by a 1986 Ford 1210 Diesel tractor.

Edit: I found this just over a year ago It had been sitting in a field for 15+ years
Was free and came with ford backhoe attachment and Ford 48” mower deck
Fantastic little 16hp tractor!84C39F14-BAE3-4847-920B-8DCF8A5A917D.jpeg25EB796A-4D4D-4409-9F4F-A67765C013F5.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks