• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do I spy....

54reo

This 1952 M135 has been sitting in a fence row a few towns over for as long as I can recall. The local Marine Corp League asked about it, and the owner gave it to them.

They asked if I could recover it, so Dad (Alcon) and I went over early this morning to drag it back to the LZ.

There were 2 locked (ie rusted stuck) drums, and a few wasp nests full of sleepy inhabitants, and dry rotted tires, but a great time was had by all. It was really good to be able to get away and spend some time with dad. We had a blast! There is just something about working on neglected equipment in the field.

The local Corp League plans on using the truck for parades and such once it is restored. All in all, they should have a good project truck as it is incredibly complete. The cab is shot, but I know of a M220 with a good cab that is close by as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

54reo

Looks like Al has a wasp's nest poker in that last pic! AWESOME!
Yeah, Big Al usually heads into battle with the little guys as I tend to swell up pretty bad from the stings.

The doors must have been full of them; we pulled over on the way home to check things out and they were really upset!

54reo

That jewell DEFINATELY needed to be saved...good job Sir!!!:D
I was really glad to see this truck get saved. It should lead a fairly good life of parades and such for the various Veteran groups here in town. (although they had access to any of my trucks any time they needed them)

This will give them one of their own to play with.

Al said that he had tried to purchase this same truck from the previous owner about 20 years ago, but he wouldn't sell. It hadn't moved since then.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, Big Al usually heads into battle with the little guys as I tend to swell up pretty bad from the stings.

The doors must have been full of them; we pulled over on the way home to check things out and they were really upset!
From your avatar, looks like you've been stung a couple times! BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

When Deathrow Dave and I found an M36. it had massive wasps in the driver's door. We didn't stick around to loo at the pass. side. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks