• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What exactly is an EUC for?

86k10

I'm just wondering what they are for and why they charge for an SF 97. I bought my 1028 at another site and didn't pay that stupid buyers premium and got the SF 97 for no charge. So what's the deal with GL doing it like they do.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
  1. END-USE-CERTIFICATES [EUC] (DLA FORM 1822): ( top )
  2. GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION WILL NOT SELL ANY DEMIL B OR Q PROPERTY WITHOUT AN APPROVED END-USE CERTIFICATE. When an END-USE-CERTIFICATE (EUC) is required to complete the transaction, no property will be released or removed until all certificates are filed and the property has been cleared for release. There will be no exceptions or exclusions to this requirement. The edition of the EUC, DLA Form-1822, provided online is the ONLY valid form accepted for this sales event. Once it is determined that you are the high bidder, after the sale close date, the following deadlines apply: You will have seven business days from the sale closing date to submit a completed EUC. If revisions to the EUC are necessary, you will have an additional five business days to make revisions and submit an EUC capable of being accepted by the DLA Office of Criminal Investigations Trade Security Control ("TSC") Office. Buyers who have not submitted an acceptable EUC (DLA Form-1822) within 12 business days will have their winning bids voided and liquidated damages assessed equal to the greater of 25% of the winning bid or thirty dollars ($30).
  3. The requirement that the EUC be complete, correct and legible is your obligation. We do not control the amount of time required for approval or the final decision to allow or disallow the release of the property to the individuals completing and filing the EUC
  4. Prospective Buyers are notified that property sold is subject to Demil Code changes as imposed by the DLA Disposition Services. If an item's Demil status changes to "B" or "Q", you agree to complete a DLA Form-1822 when informed of the change. Buyers will be notified in writing, with an explanation of the sale/lot/ item in question, and a copy of the End-Use Certificate will be provided for completion. This becomes a condition of sale.
  5. Sales for which EUCs have not been approved by TSC within 60 days of submission will be canceled by GL at our sole discretion without liquidated damages to the Buyer.

http://www.govliquidation.com/terms.html

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An EUC is a COG in the gear of pain and they charge for SF97s because they can.

You can have the last laugh though - just never buy from them. Problem solved.

If you choose to buy from them, be ready to deal with whatever happens in the COG of pain and fork over the $$$ for your SF97.

86k10

Yeah you are right and i will not buy anything that requires one. Thanks for the long reply but i still don't get what it is for, unless it's just a fancy term for a bill of sale. I enjoyed the transaction for the one i have, i Paid for it and at the end of the week i had my SF97 in my mailbox. I don't understand why this outfit needs to make it so difficult to sell the same thing.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It is to prove to the Powers-that-Be that you are not a godless terrorist that is going to use obsolete military equipment to commit an atrocity or a right wing wacko who wants to overthrow the gooberment.

The EUC process requires that someone sitting in an obscure government office in cubical he!! do a background check on you by searching criminal data bases, public records and by having men in dark suits ask your neighbor if you still beat your wife.

The speed of that process depends on who is on sick leave, who is selling AVON at work, how many wedding and baby showers are being planned and how many public holidays are observed while your paperwork is in the mill.

86k10

It is to prove to the Powers-that-Be that you are not a godless terrorist that is going to use obsolete military equipment to commit an atrocity or a right wing wacko who wants to overthrow the gooberment.

The EUC process requires that someone sitting in an obscure government office in cubical he!! do a background check on you by searching criminal data bases, public records and by having men in dark suits ask your neighbor if you still beat your wife.

The speed of that process depends on who is on sick leave, who is selling AVON at work, how many wedding and baby showers are being planned and how many public holidays are observed while your paperwork is in the mill.

Guilty until proven innocent, just as i figured. So much for our constitution and bill of rights. In my opinion it's our so called leaders who are the terrorists. George Orwells book 1984 about Big Brother watching you has really come to pass. I remember reading it in high school but thought to myself that could never happen in our great land. Now look how pathetic it has gotten, you can't go anywhere without being stared at, spyed upon, and tracked and photographed. Just like the book said, you have to prove who you are in what ever you do or where ever you go. So in my way of thinking if they are going to sell this stuff and you pay for it, then it becomes your private property and it's none of their business what you do with it.

KsM715

Just to be clear. An EUC is not a GL thing, its a DRMO (Government) thing. Like WM stated it just so some Gov. employee has something to do. However even though GSA doesnt make you wait on one the same conditions apply when you buy a Dmil item from them. (no exporting and no selling to non-citizens and so on)

KsM715

The conditions of the sale are in the GSA terms and conditions.

You are correct in your thinking though, Why does one Gov. contracted auction house have them but another one doesnt?

86k10

yeah it's never made sense to me either. And the other thing i think is wrong in a GL auction or in any auction is the buyer premium. In my mind who evers stuff is being auctioned should pay the auction house, don't penalize the buyers that's BS.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah it's never made sense to me either. And the other thing i think is wrong in a GL auction or in any auction is the buyer premium. In my mind who evers stuff is being auctioned should pay the auction house, don't penalize the buyers that's BS.
Many auction houses use a buyers premium.

The thing about GSA is it's like getting that hand me down Chevy Chevette from your older sister. Your parents bought it new, gave it to your sister after it sat for a few years, she beat the crap out of it and now you have it. Same with a lot of GSA stuff.

A unit turns a deuce into DRMO, some fire department gets it and uses the chit out of it until something breaks. It sits for a few years until GSA auctions it off. Worse yet is the GSA stuff that never actually got used and just sat for years. There is equipment out of GSA that gets taken care of and loved, but from the previews I've done, the junk from GL is far better than the hand me down junk from GSA.

GSA is easier to deal with though.

HAWKMAN

The 'non-export' clause is something I can't put a thumb on.....I sell a truck to #1 and explain the EUC and get him to sign a paper stating such...#1 sells it to #2 and sort-of tells him the EUC details......#2 trades truck to buddy for riding tractor and then buddy (#3) fixes truck up and sells it to a friend in Canada, if big bro comes looking for this who gets busted??.....IMO the whole thing is to keep some under worked/overpaid Fed pencilpusher employed..OK i'm done:rant:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
#1 gets nailed - you are semi protected by the piece of paper, although the Govt. might claim that you needed to get #1 to fill out an EUC and submit it to them. #3 will be found under the prison when it is finally demolished.

3dAngus

I'm personally happy for the government to investigate. I don't like government regulation any more than the next guy, but this is one I can put up with considering the circumstances. I don't want some terrorist buying and slipping through the perimeter in case of a unmentionable attack, in a OD green machine. Only U.S. citizens of good repute (no criminals) are allowed to purchase. And, they cannot export without special overseers and an export license. This is to control FMS acquisitions.

Also, you have to sign some paperwork assuring you will NOT sell to anyone but a confirmed U.S. citizen.

GSA should be doing the same thing, and I don't know why they are not.

It is a serious inconvenience, I admit. Probably why the prices go up immediately upon receiving the EUC AND the SF97 goes through for proper title and ownership.

Sales and ownership is strickly limited. Enjoy your hobby, and pay the prices if you don't want to go through the process. Oftentimes, it is the best way to go. You get a much better idea of what you are buying if you buy from an individual rather than from GL. He will have a track record with it. GL does not.

I kind of like the EUC requirement. It keeps a lot of potential bidders from bidding because they don't want to be bothered or because they are intimidated by it. I've bought a lot of EUC goods from GL at super prices because of it.

91W350

It is a great way to prolong Christmas! I thought I would have mine in time for Christmas and now I am hoping for Valentine's Day.

fireball

Once upon a time, a long time ago, a property disposal office(now called DRMO) in Joliet, IL made a mistake(yes they made them back then too)mixing new explosive material with old. When discovered, they said no problem, we have paperwork on who we sold it to and we will just call them up and get it back. Horror upon horror, they discovered that said individuals and companies did not exist. By this time, the urgency of the material was needed in Vietnam so another layer of investigative sleuths called CID and FBI were called in. Their investigations proved that not only didn't they know who they sold it to was to remain unknown and elusive but they it managed to not pay for it too. Now questions are asked if anyone would notice if we just made things without said materials. Such a novel approach to the missing material requires another level of investigative prowness. In comes the GAO(government accounting office)whose investigation resulted in finding that it had been occurring for years and years and it was far more inclusive as to how many unknown individuals and business's really do exist. Congress in a emergency action has to apprioate and obligate actions to produce said material. Not known for doing it in a timely manner the first time, the second time produces a congressional investigation. The result is EUC's and anyone who asks what are EUC's gets entered into a data base of suspects,:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks