• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What FS color is my S250 shelter?

I'm buying this S250 shelter in a week, and considering keeping the paint scheme and painting my modified trailer (that will carry it) to match. I know it's hard to tell from a photo, but compared to other shelters at this same location, this green is a "bluer green" than the others. I'm guessing it's "USMC green", but what FS color is that? I also need the FS color for the shelter interior: the much-maligned "sea foam green". Any help on the color numbers, or a source for the paint itself would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

NMC_EXP

You might check out the Federal Standard 595 Color Server at:

FED STD 595 Federal Standard 595 Color Server

In the upper left click on "browse by color" or "browse by fan deck". You can select up to four colors and compare them side to side.

It contains more FedGov colors than you can shake a paint stick at.

I think FS-595 color number 24533 is the "sea foam" green used for vehicle interiors.

Don't know about "Marine green".

Regards

Jim

saddamsnightmare

January 09, 2010.

It does seem to have a more slate blue green color to it then the standard Woodland green..... Wonder if that's due to weathering or original paint colors????

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

ida34

This post was from almost a year ago. I hope he got it figured out by now. It looks like faded carc green to me.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a shelter with about the same color. It's actually supposed to be a heat reflective green. All sorts of cautions about it on my shelter. Will try to get some specs or dataplate pics tomorrow.

Andrmorr

I've got a shelter with about the same color. It's actually supposed to be a heat reflective green. All sorts of cautions about it on my shelter. Will try to get some specs or dataplate pics tomorrow.
Like the song say "I'm diggin up bones"...this is an old thread but it's an important topic...it sure is helpful when these threads are finished out and don't die on the vine...Does anyone have any follow up info on this topic or remember what was determined about the S-250 outside paint being a special type or color?

wilfreeman

Like the song say "I'm diggin up bones"...this is an old thread but it's an important topic...it sure is helpful when these threads are finished out and don't die on the vine...
I agree totally - I hate when an information thread is started, and as soon as the original poster gets the information he wants/needs (or just gives up on getting the answer), drops the thread. It just leaves everyone that is actually searching for the same information out on a limb. The originator of a thread should take responsibility and finish the thread by reporting one way or another on his findings.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I agree totally - I hate when an information thread is started, and as soon as the original poster gets the information he wants/needs (or just gives up on getting the answer), drops the thread. It just leaves everyone that is actually searching for the same information out on a limb. The originator of a thread should take responsibility and finish the thread by reporting one way or another on his findings.
This drives me nuts. I was looking for an answer for something on my Mom's PT Cruiser and a Neon/Cruiser forum had this guy who showed up, posted exactly the issue I was having, dozens of people offered suggestions and there was no conclusion to the thread. Drives me bananas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks