• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a fair priced to pay for engine parts?

houdel

I might be parting out a LDT465 or two in the near future. I'd like to get a fair price for my parts without gouging the buyer. What is a fair price for the following parts:

a. A good used starter?

b. A good used alternator?

c. A good used air compressor?

d. A good used "D"Turbo

e. A good used hydraulic head?

f. A good used injection pump?

g. A set of injection lines?

h. A good used injector?

i. A good used running long block (engine with injection pump, hydraulic head, injection lines & injectors, but no starter, alternator, air compressor, clutch disc or pressure plate)?

j. A good used long block (complete engine but without injection pump, hydraulic head, injection lines & injectors, starter, alternator, air compressor, clutch disc or pressure plate)?

houdel

Come on, help me out here! Doesn't anyone have an idea of what these parts are worth? I'm trying to figure out a fair and reasonable price for both me and the buyer.

CGarbee

Lee,
It sorta depends on how despirate the person buying is for the parts and how much you want them out the yard combined with shipping cost/hassles sometimes...
That said, I tend to take 50-75% of the going price as listed by dealers such as TNJ Murray or Memphis as a personal guide if I am making a direct sale.
Of course, if you want to find out what it is worth on even given week, slap them on Ebay...

The other thing from my perspective is that some folks have a hard time putting much effort into responding to "I'm thinking about..." If you say that they are definitively for sale right now, then you might get more response...

Knucklehead

Lee;
How great is the fellows need and how much do you need to sell items for to make a profit, or at LEAST break even.I would pay the following, items A-E $50-100, F up to $200,G&H up to $50, I $700, J $800. Those are the prices that I would pay. And that price is to YOU alone because we have had dealings before and you are an upstanding individual. I would offer 20-30% less to a stranger.I hope this helps.Any man that lived in my home town of Natick is OK.

rdixiemiller

I bought a running engine in the can, complete, for $445 from GL. Engine was removed from a running truck that was wrecked, some pan damage from the front drive flange hitting the front sump.
Of course, I got lucky.
I have had long blocks priced to me for anywhere from $150 to 600. This was for a running long block, with the IP and Turbo removed. No starter, clutch, etc.
Seems like the turbo/IP/lines are the most commonly needed parts. The rest of the engine is pretty much solid, unless you throw a rod.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I usually buy a running engine for 500 bucks or so - hence the components tend to have a low value to me. Of the items you have listed, only the injection pump would I value over a hundred bucks. Lines are gonna be a tough sell I think.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks