• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is an 1952 M59 dump worth

xm708

Found an M59 in vermont. It is original gasser mostly straight body runs and moves just wondering prices to offer ? will a cummins B series 6BT fit in a gasser chassis ? Just ideas going thru my little head.

thanks for any help

ed

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Oh, now you have found a cool truck! Forget the Cummins - a short gasser dump is just too cool. Looks to be mostly original.

As it sits, if it is close to home, I wouldn't be afraid of 3-3500.

Hope you get it.

David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: m59 dump

Totally Sweet! Ain't nothin like that around me!
Dumpless in Palm Beach County

vtdeucedriver

Figures that this would turn up after I need to MOVE

ED, leave it a Gasser!!!!! I know you want to mod something, put that izuzu engine in a M37 and be happy.................OH paint DUMPY too!!!

xm708

hey jeff

yeah yeah I know paint dumpy. I am waiting for my helper to get a little older. he is only three you know. He has a cool name too "braden" not bad the wife even knows where it is from.. I have a lot of dreams just not alot of time..isuszu is calling me I can hear it. oh ed come get me and transplant me and make your own fuel while you are at it. lots of ideas the inmates are keeping the fryer oil for the makins of bio so I am good for now.

talk to you soon jeff

ed

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: m59 dump

kcimb said:
2 miles per gallon baby!!!!!!
I get 2 MPG with the five ton. The gasser compressor, which weighs, IIRC, 16000 lbs, gets 8-10 MPG - about the same as a Multifuel.

Regards,
David

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[thumbzup]
Wow. Hey Ed, I recall we have spoken several times via pm about you looking for a big brother for your 708. This one has lots of potential there. The long driver's side fuel tank is there, as well as the behind-the-cab toolbox. The window, windshield glass, and front fender would be easy to replace. The bed, albeit rusty, looks to be fairly straight.

Repower it if you absolutely must, but consider keeping the gasser as is. . . . or at least keep the parts if you ever want to revert back to original.

Please keep us posted and get more pictures. Not many of those left around. You might ask TacticalTruck about it, he has an M47 dump (similar, but rides on 11.00 singles, and has a narrower bed IIRC)

Good luck.

xm708

m59

jeff
thanks
the truck is very complete. I remember talking to you a few times then this truck popped up pretty cheap so I am probably going to pounce next week. shipping is gonna be the killer I am debating fixing it up alittle and driving it. I have done a lot worse. I may leave the gasser in it considering diesel prices up here just hit 3.15 a gallon and gas is 2.75 I just want a big truck don't know why just want one. I will keep everybody informed..

thanks again

ed

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: m59

Ed, Now that I jumped into the deuce/5 ton relm, I can't stop thinking about getting more. Its just evolution, don't need to know why. :)

xm708

M59 update

Well
back home after all day driving. The M59 is there and is all complete and I did get it to fire up not drive just cough.. It is rusty under the cab and the bed has seen better days. I crawled underneath and all PTO and dump stuff is still there. The PTO is double ended. The wiring must have been replaced cause it was nice condition. Definately a parts rig. Anybody want the info to look at it. It is actuall in Wyoming Rhode Island not VT just wanted first carck at it. It would be a great resto project " big resto" or an excellent parts donor. It is 1000 or BO. Nice guy just has not used it in 2 years. wasn't a wasted trip found a 20 ton hydraulic press on the way home and a cummins powered step van 4spd for 1300 so it wasn't a wasted day by anymeans

ed

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M59 update

Hey, it's well worth $1000 OBO. Looks a little better than just a "parts rig", but I like bringing green iron back from the dead. Someone pounce on this before it gets torched, like the trencher did!

acetomatoco

RE: M59 update

Well Ed, you should go for it... I missed your phone msg..too late to call back Tuesday. I have a lot of parts for that truck...gas engine and all.. you should buy it.. Transport will be cheap, no wide load etc...Rhode Island to you at 2 bux a mile is only $600. In pristine shape the truck could be worth $10K...I have a nice M35A2 coming soon from VTNG and you can have a bunch of the sheet metal and hardtop and stuff right here in your own backyard..I have instruments and doors and spare wheels and tires and lights and reflectors and filters and some seat covers and tie downs and stuff...

xm708

m59

Anybody here ever buy this truck .. or does anybody know if it is still around ?? It was in wyoming rhode island I just couldn't swing the $$$ for transport just wondering if anybody found it ??

ed

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure it's gone. If it had been closer to home and fuel prices weren't so high I would have bought it in a heartbeat. M35a2s are selling on GL in worse shape than that for more money.

ssgtwright-usmc

Love to see Diesel fuel at $3.15 a gallon again.
Where I live its now $5.19 per gallon.
I get about 12-14 mpg for my M1008 so I dont drive it more then maybe 10 miles a day now.
God I would love to see $3.15 again or cheaper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks