• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the SAE bell-housing size for the 8.3 and 250?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give me an engine s/n and I can tell ya. Most likely a #2, but give me a s/n to make sure.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is for the NHC, p/n 3014979

MR - HOUSING, FLYWHEEL...(More)
Engine Family: NHC-250
SAE #2 Wet Flywheel Housing
With Offset Mounting Arms
Can be Used With Small Cam
Engines Only
For Use on NHC-250 Engines
in M-809 and M-939 Army
Trucks - Not to be Published

ScubaCat

This is for the NHC, p/n 3014979

MR - HOUSING, FLYWHEEL...(More)
Engine Family: NHC-250
SAE #2 Wet Flywheel Housing
With Offset Mounting Arms
Can be Used With Small Cam
Engines Only
For Use on NHC-250 Engines
in M-809 and M-939 Army
Trucks - Not to be Published
Thanks. Wondering if the 8.3 is the same. Would love to put a 8.3 in my 818 and keep the 5sp...

ScubaCat

Just saw one posting that had a pdf saying the 8.3 is a SAE#1...What I dont know, however, is if ALL the 6cta engines were #1s....

ScubaCat

Thanks guys, with the specific title of this thread, this info should be more easily found in the future should someone search for it.

Csm Davis

Below are pictures of the 8.3L bellhousing out of a M939 series truck. 12 bolts on a 18.375" bolt circle is a SAE#2, confirmed.

G.
So are the mounting arms offset like the one for the 250? In other words are they mounted in the same place? I know that they are different as the starter is mounted different.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks