• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the substance on the inside of the Hummer/other tires?

Special T

I tried looking through the TMs but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know the answer?
I have the high suspicion that it is your standard tire lube Likel Murphy's tire lube or something of that nature. I have seen Hummer tires with the yellow grease like color when a tire is near new and it really black when run. Ive mostly noticed it on Hummer tires, and 1200r20 that come off the stryker platform. Im guessing its the coolant/lube incase the tire deflates and rubs on the run flat.... Does anyone know where the MSDS sheet for this stuff can be found?

KansasBobcat

My old -34 says: Lubricant, runflat assembly, use with radial tire part number 89307-2. You might try searching for that and MSDS sheet. It comes out pretty well with Dawn soap and warm water. You are correct, the packet ruptures when runflat contacts tire and reduces friction to keep temp down.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run flat lube....a packet goes in each tire...this is so you don't destroy the run flat if you run on them.
i never put it in....that stuff is a mess.

DatGuyC

I just broke down one of my tires to move it around the wheel to help it balance. That black goop was everywhere, got everywhere, and is a general pain in the butt.

Special T

Well its supposed to help not damage the tire at 30mph for 30 miles. Some of you say it comes in a packet and i found that its also obtained in a 55 gal drum. Nearly new tires i have seen with it in the tire looks like it was put in the center of the tread (inside) with an industrial caulking gun. I have found that just water is necessary to clean it up, but ot water works better. It is water soluble. Golden eagle I dont need any but a Pic of the package or manufacture name on it would be great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks