• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this coating

tsmall07

If its undercoating all its good for is getting all over you when you work on your stuff. Its ok at rust prevention, but it doesn't always only stay where you put it...

1984CUCV

IT COULD BE THE COATINGS THEY USE ON SUBMARINES. MY DAD WORKED AT A NAVEL BASE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME EPOXY STUFF USED TO COAT SUBS. I HAVE SEEN THIS STUFF ON FRAMES ETC. AND IT IS VERY VERY DURABLE AND NASTY TO WORK WITH AS IT IS HARD TO GET OFF WHAT EVER IT IS PUT ON. NOT YOUR TYPICAL 'UNDERCOATING' STUFF YOU CAN GET AT NAPA.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of the trucks I looked at while I was at Barstow had that coating in the engine compartment, under the fenders and steps if they had deopt overhauls. It's tough to get off of a surface that it's put on.

littlebob

That undercoating is a PITA if you are trying to repaint. Paint doesn't stick to it wee and its hard as hell to remove.If it was used as designed and put on a ..properly prepared surface it would be a good thing, unfortionatly my truck had a depot rebuild in the late 80's and now some of it is coming off and the desert tan that was applied over is all flaking off. I've spent a lot of hours removing to repaint mine and there is no easy way.
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks