• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What kind of wheel is this?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a HET wheel? I can't find any good images of HET wheels on Google, or maybe my Goo skills are weak.
image.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tire size is correct for a het.

I picked up one het wheel that went to castlebravo. PM him as he can verify.

I don't think it is a het but an mrap. The het wheel had 2 valve stems that then had metal tubing to a valve for fill and ctis. I just don't see a corresponding hole on the other side.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is an MRAP wheel. They even come in those variations in aluminum. About 65$ Ea for steel and $150 for aluminum. On fleabay.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lugs look like they are quite far from the edge. Doesn't look like MRAP I see online. Looks like the bolt pattern is small.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lugs look like they are quite far from the edge. Doesn't look like MRAP I see online. Looks like the bolt pattern is small.
You are correct about that; what you have there is an aluminum wheel with a std 10-on-11.25" bolt pattern and 8.66" pilot hole. Most MRAP wheels have the larger 335mm bolt circle, with the 281mm pilot hole.

I just found out that the early model (A1) Buffalo MPCV had these wheels on the front axle, only. Tires were the same, of course.
One of the later model A2's improvements was just that: they came with identical wheels front and rear and could use the same spare, all around.

Below is a picture of the A1, from the internet...

G.

Attachments

tobyS

MRAP I think. And the one shown appears to be steel, which is 1/2" thick at the bolt. Probably Henderson.

I bought 12 of them at GL, made by Henderson and have the 20 bolt ring. They are hub piloted and will fit most semi axles, which have the same BC. I've devised a lug nut to use them on the stud pilot 5 ton.

Here is a picture of the rim and here is a combination that I made using the offset outer (20 bolt) of a rim that came on the 450/80/R20 Sand Trail tires (with 13.19" BC). That makes a 12" wide rim from the combination that will fit a semi axle or 5 ton with 10.25" BC.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks