• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size screw pin shackles for front bumper?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

MTVR

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you very much, Wes. I've got a pair of these coming now.
If and when you get them. Remove the cotter pin and throw it away. It rusts really quick and is a pain to get out. I put hairpins in the hole or a smaller easier to bend cotter pin

MTVR

Well, that's strange- I got an email confirmation of my order, and then a little later the seller refunded my money, with no explanation...

MTVR

MTVR

Or these fit the 1.5in directly.

That guy's ad now says that he's out of stock on them.

I'd really like to find a pair of these for a good price. Anybody know where I can find some?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That guy's ad now says that he's out of stock on them.

I'd really like to find a pair of these for a good price. Anybody know where I can find some?
There are some others on ebay. Search M866AP. The shackles new are around $300.

This guy has em and will combine shipping

MTVR

There are some others on ebay. Search M866AP. The shackles new are around $300.

This guy has em and will combine shipping

Thanks, Wes.

I saw that guy's ad.

The price for the parts themselves is acceptable, but he wants over $80 for UPS ground shipping, which sounds awfully steep to me.

It says he's from Augusta Georgia- any idea who he is, so that I can call him and try to get the shipping price squared away?

Last edited:

MTVR

Got it figured out- he's Comtac. Shipping will be $22, and he's just gonna refund me the difference.

I'm thankful.

Now I gotta figure out what size recovery strap I'm gonna need, and get that ordered. I'm guessing that I'm gonna need one bigger than the one that Micah killed on youtube...

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got it figured out- he's Comtac. Shipping will be $22, and he's just gonna refund me the difference.

I'm thankful.

Now I gotta figure out what size recovery strap I'm gonna need, and get that ordered. I'm guessing that I'm gonna need one bigger than the one that Micah killed on youtube...
My customers use these for their 5 tons that pull grinder. 1 hooked to each side should work in a worst case ever on a 7 ton if it's that bad it is gonna take a big winch or a wrecker

Or these stupid heavy things. Mine is in a hardigg case by itself

MTVR

The 21-ton shackles showed up today. The through bolt pin is much less than 1.5", and fits quite loosely in the hole.

Now I gotta figure out what to paint them with...20200501_103522.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks