• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck is this on GSA auction?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dammit, now I'll never get it for minimum bid!

Not sure, but it looks like an ancient GAZ Russian-made truck. ???

Elwenil

Agreed, some time ago we had a member who had aIFA-W50 here in the US with a US military truck bed on it. Nice looking truck overall but I bet parts are a hassle.

vtunimog

Looking under the other foreign headings, this looks llike an IFA-W50, listed earlier in the Non-US forum seciton

It does look like the IFA-W50 - perhaps a target vehicle ?

I know the US imported a number of trucks for evaluation and some for target practice. The IFW's are as ugly as sin but seem to have a reputation for a solid built reliability. APparently after the merger of East/West Germany Mercedes took over the IFW operations.

wsucougarx

I saw a youtube on a truck looking just like this. The guys were german and the video was about them starting this type of truck up for the first time in decades or something like that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks