• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what this plate means

marcos

hello guys, I'm new but I've been reading for several months to know more of the people, I decided and buy one, in very good condition, I live on an island in the Caribbean and we received many storms, I bought one in very good condition and brought a plaque that I do not understand its meaning, IROAN 2-2012, please guide me what it means

Attachments

jamawieb

That plate is mainly for the engine only. It means the engine was replaced in 2012, along with some other updates. Look at the tag under the hertz gauge and that will tell you the hours that the engine was replaced. They usually wrote it with a black marker. From the looks, I bet the engine was replaced and then put into storage. I've seen a lot of those going through gov planet. Its a very good thing because you have a new motor on a unit that only has 4400 hours on it. I would imagine the motor only has 3-5 hours on it.

Guyfang

Staff member
The plate in the first post is for bean counters and commanders. Keeping track of things is a big job for the milatary. When the supply sgt is helping the commander do his 10% inventory every month, (yes, 10%, EVERY month) all that needs to be done is for the scanner to scan the first three fields, and it's logged into the inventory. NSN= what the item is. CAGE code= who made it, and last, Serial number. In the early part of my time in, everything was done by hand, ink pen and paper forms. Lots of room for mistakes. And there was lots of those!! Lots of room for theft. The last field is for a "fix as needed" program. Kinda like Reset, but not. There was no mandatory replacement parts, like reset. Why is that on the set also? If you look at the pictures in threads 6&9, you will see another sticker tha says something about exchange program. Mostly, normally, but not 100% of the time, when equipment went to reset, or was issued to a unit down range, the unit never saw its original equipment again. It was a Direct Exchange. And when you do that, and have a stupid Supply sgt, a commanders life became a living hel!. Commanders are scared to death they will have to pay for missing equipment. And they should be. Proper control is not hard, but only if you work at it and NEVER trust anyone. They have to sign for it!! Stupid commanders, (or commanders with more trust then I) let a supply sgt do it all. I never let anyone do my inventories, and never paid a cent. And I had a good supply sgt, one I could trust.

CapePrep

That engine looks brand new from the outside. The paint still on the exhaust manifold and absolutely no rust stains anywhere. Just went and looked at pics again-looks like someone went a little crazy with the scary can! Extra/overspray on the wires to the temp sender, kill solenoid, on the data plate on the intake side, etc. I hope the engine is just as pretty on the inside. Maybe you got very lucky as has been said here! Just throw regular old diesel in it. I am sure there is plenty of that on the island. I would purchase a few fuel and water separator filters to have on hand and change on a regular basis depending on usage. You do not want water to get past the filter and blow an injector or worse. Depending on what you paid, that looks like a good buy!

Last edited:

jamawieb

Marcos, let us know what the tag under the Hertz gauge says and the hours that is written on the line. That hour reading will be when the engine was replaced.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That engine looks brand new from the outside. The paint still on the exhaust manifold and absolutely no rust stains anywhere. Just went and looked at pics again-looks like someone went a little crazy with the scary can! Extra/overspray on the wires to the temp sender, kill solenoid, on the data plate on the intake side, etc. I hope the engine is just as pretty on the inside. Maybe you got very lucky as has been said here! Just throw regular old diesel in it. I am sure there is plenty of that on the island. I would purchase a few fuel and water separator filters to have on hand and change on a regular basis depending on usage. You do not want water to get past the filter and blow an injector or worse. Depending on what you paid, that looks like a good buy!
I believe it is a brand new engine. Most that have been 'reset' have a LP 'remanufactured' tag/sticker where the Onan label is on the photo provided.

marcos

That plate is mainly for the engine only. It means the engine was replaced in 2012, along with some other updates. Look at the tag under the hertz gauge and that will tell you the hours that the engine was replaced. They usually wrote it with a black marker. From the looks, I bet the engine was replaced and then put into storage. I've seen a lot of those going through gov planet. Its a very good thing because you have a new motor on a unit that only has 4400 hours on it. I would imagine the motor only has 3-5 hours on it.
the numbers on the tag under the hertz gauge is 4395

marcos

I bought a dozen of fuel and water separator filters,and also going to protect the Voltage Regultor with the fuse and the diode bridge..and lighting the gauges as I saw here

marcos

Marcos, let us know what the tag under the Hertz gauge says and the hours that is written on the line. That hour reading will be when the engine was replaced.
the numbers on the tag under the hertz gauge is 4395 I Paid for it $1995

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks