• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What variant is this?

wsucougarx

I'm thinking this use to be a M342 . The air tank mounted on the side is indicative of the deuce dumptruck among other trucks.

Last edited:

Bobert

I wondered about those air tanks. The hood was frozen so i could not see for sure on the exhaust.

I wish I had a picture of the other side. It has some unit on the back that I assumed was military equipment but maybe not. It had several gages for something. I will be looking over it again for sure.

zak

It might still have the dump mechanism, that alone should make it worth something. The spare tire holder is still there. you can see the rear pto drive shaft running next to the air tank. So it looks like the lift pump might still be there

Last edited:

combat32

I don't see an exhaust stack so I would bet it is a gasser.I think it is a compressor truck, my friend has one minus the compressor:-(, better pics and a look at the data plates would help for ID.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
If it is a compressor truck, the data plates in the cab probably won't say anything other than M45 (the desigantion for cab and chassis).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jacks Surplus has a similar one without the compressor bed. M45 data plates, left side M342 air tanks, LWB, transfer PTO, and the spare tire rack. I'd scoop that one up.:grin:

Bobert

That is interesting, I have not heard of a compressor truck. I definately need to go look at it now. I will check for pto, data plates and see what the unit is on the bed.

Would anybody be interested in parts from it or the whole thing? I will ask them about it. It has been in the same spot for years and now they moved it so I hope they aren't about to scrap it.

Brian Thomas

That is not a comprssor truck. The tank is for fluid. If it was at a airport at one time, it could have been a de-ice spray truck or the likes of that.

Truck its self seems to be in fair shape. Just in need of some tlc is all. I would bet with some work it would run like a watch. I have a 1960 REO gasser M46 and that appears to be earlier than mine as many parts are not the same.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1960 REO gasser M46 and that appears to be earlier than mine as many parts are not the same.
See the offset wipers? It is an early truck. Wonder if the batt and OVM boxes have the curved front edge or are straight? That ended early 53.

Brian Thomas

The FMC pump product line has a long history of providing quality pumping products to all reciprocating pump markets. As time has progressed, the brand of the FMC pump product line progressed, also.
Originally, the FMC pump product line was limited to only piston pumps and were known as “John Bean Piston Pumps” rightfully named after the original inventor and company entrepreneur.
One of FMC divisions that provided a line of agricultural spraying equipment was known as “John Bean Sprayers”. After “John Bean Sprayers” was spun off as a separate company, the FMC pump product line became known as simple “BEAN Pumps” to give some market separation between the two different companies.
At one point, the “BEAN Pump” product line was known as the “Royal BEAN Pump”, “Royal Pump” and “Royalette Pump”.
After a rebranding initiative upon developing a line of high pressure plunger pumps, the FMC piston pump product line became known as “FMC BEAN Piston Pumps” and the plunger pump product line became known as “FMC Plunger Pumps”.
Nomenclature
FMC manufactures positive displacement reciprocating piston and plunger pumps. In most cases, people simply refer to them as reciprocating pumps, recip pumps, piston pumps or plunger pumps. Positive displacement pumps are also called PD pumps.

johnson

I know this is a two month old thread, but I think that is a reo gasser with a M9 decontamination aperatus on the back.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M9 decontamination trucks had hoses that went up front and seats on the front fenders. IF that is a decontamination truck it would be a M3A3 which started in 1952, while the M9 started in 1958. Regardless what it is, it is missing the data plates and very modified, though still worth saving.;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks