• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What was your best Gama Goat Exp?

Joe Gamma

Neices and nephews came over today. Drove The Nephew(21 ) around in the Gamma Goat on main roads very impressed...said he gained man points. Later after Pizza 4 girs climbed in the back and we tooled around the Cul de sac..all loved it and one said it was "Bigger than life."

After they left I drove to the VFW 2 miles away and drank as they oggled it...went to the Elks were some girl was claiming how bad as her truck was...Laid twenty on the bar and simply said " bet mine is bigger"...failed to call my bluff but another x marine walked out and told me how bad ass it looked...Fairly tooted I rumbled home in the dark and at every intersection...ok all two...guys in truck just pointed and waved....Got home safe...

What a great day....

Any one have a great Gamma goat exp?

Joe C

BillIdaho

When I bought it, drove it home, and every time I take it anywhere.
I should say there have been times when the goat itself wasn't the focus of the attention, but all the radio stuff in back were. Either way..............

fallen

I located an m1010 with 700 miles on it. That is my next project. It is supposed to have a bad injector pump and a bent drive shaft. A goat is on the list but I have already obligated myself to the m1010. I looked at and it and there is no wear on the steering wheel and the rubber on the brake and accelerator pedal looks brand new.

salvageprincess

Gamma Goat Information

Hi,
we are selling a gamma goat at auction 8-4 2012 weekend in mabel,mn and i'm looking for information on this vehicle. It is being sold no reserve at auction. Privately owned. It is in very good condition. Can you guys help me out on some more information on this vehicle.

BillIdaho

The data tag on the dash should say M561, or maybe M792 ( I think) for an ambulance model. There are numerous things to look out for, such as does it run, and how good? Brakes are a common issue, steering boxes and transfer cases are an usual issue as well. They are a very labor intensive vehicle, but the fun/smile factor pretty much is worth it in the end. Some parts are easy to find, others are like chicken lips.

Militoy

I would like to know where the tag is to search the model, important things to look at and list, and anything else to help with this listing.
Like Bill posted - the data plate on the right side dash has all the delivery info. The registration number is also stamped into the aluminum on the front outside - far driver's side just under the windshield on newer build models.

The description for the sale (and the value) depend on what the vehicle history is. If it's been carefully maintained and regularly operated by a knowledgable diesel mechanic and is registered and in ready-to-drive condition - then the condition and value will be obvious to any serious bidders who inspect the vehicle. If it has no paperwork - and has been sitting in the weather without having been run for the past 5++ years - or is missing parts - then the value will range from its aluminum scrap value to whatever the bidder thinks he can get for the saleable parts over scrap, less transportation and labor - or for its potential as a candidate for restoration.

If you are not extremely familiar with the vehicle, list everything you know about its history and provinance, and take lots of photos of any part you can see - and from every angle you can. Serious bidders will inspect in person - or will ask for details on any point that they have concerns with. Good luck!

Attachments

Militoy

In the spirit of not supporting a complete hijack of the post - my best memories of the Goat range back at least 20 years - when my Father-in-law owned it. We did regular desert picnic trips with all the kids out into the desert around Tucson, AZ - and participated in 4th of July parades on Mt. Lemmon, north of the city. After I bought it from him and brought it out to California, I mostly used it for difficult off-road recoveries after desert flash flood storms - or when a 4-wheeler had gotten himself into an extreme situation.

I still do local off-road extractions for fun - but I get my biggest kick taking the older veterans out on Veterans Day and 4th of July parades.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks