• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the Best Deuce?

Mark2X2

So what's the best Deuce & engine combination?
My truck is a GP with a White engine and whistler turbo.
Just picked up a Kaiser-Jeep with a Continental from G.L. for a friend. It also has a turbo, but is a lot more quite. Haven't driven his on the road, so I don't know which has more power. Both engines look close to the same.

So what's everyone's choice? Did I miss any Manufactures?

Truck?
Kaiser-Jeep
General Products
AM General

Engine?
Hercules
Continental
White

Mark
M35A2 Deuce
M105A2 Trailer
M101A1 Trailer
3) Rokons

ctmustang

After owning a few I would have to say that if everything is as it should be they are all about the same. My first was a whistler and man was I glad to see it leave. It was ok for a while but that whistle soon drove me crazy. Seems to me the nonwhistling d turbo has a slight power advantage. I'd stick to the airshift front axle.
C.T.Mustang

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think collectively in our group we have 14 deuces including 2 gassers.
Other than the gassers I dont think there's a dimes worth of difference in the others.

As Westfolk said...change the plates around and one multi/platform is the same as the rest.

The biggest thing in my opinion is how much they were used and for what, and how they were maintained.:-D

Last edited:

Jinx

The one I own is the best, but I'm biased since I haven't had much time behind the wheel of any
others.

AM General
Continental 465-D
LDS turbo

hole

The one I own is the best, but I'm biased since I haven't had much time behind the wheel of any
others.

AM General
Continental 465-D
LDS turbo
No no my good man, I believe Mine is the best :p But seriously, except for the abuse factor , their all the same

GoHot229

Taking into account the year so as to fall into the year requirements for Historic Vehicle might be a thought, Then with all the pending legislation going on up that way in the 'Lake' area states, that might be something to think about, pre so'n so can be liscensed, verses post- so'n so can't etc, An A3 might have features more likeable .....or not? Mines a 72, and seems to be fine, a M2 w/c turbo and Napa muffler, otherwise stock....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best one is the one thats parked in your own yard.:-D
:ditto:

.....unless your confidence-level-meter is reading a little low, and your "Envy-Tank" is overflowing, then.....

. . . . "The other man's grass is always greener" mentality can set in.

Just my 2cents worth.

To throw in a Quasi-Biblical quote...
:arrow::arrow::arrow: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Duece:!:

emr

Reo,...Studabaker,...Lansing Division of White,...Curtiss Wright,...utica Blend,...Studabaker-Packerd,...Keiser/Jeep,...General products Division,...AM General....:-D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I remember:

1. Reo Motors
2. Studebaker
3. Studebaker-Packard
4. Utica-Bend
5. Curtis Wright
6. Kaiser Jeep
7. Jeep Corp.
8. General Products
9. Lansing Div/White
10. AM General
11. Bombadier
12. Kia

dittle

Everyone knows the M109A3 is the best.

The only disadvantage with having an M109 is that everyone is jealous of you :D

Not that I am biased or anything ;)

So do you want pictures of the M109A4 that I saw sitting in the motor pool the other day???? Apparently they are not DRMO'ing the A4's yet even though its the same basic truck setup underneath as the M35A3 (which is being DRMO'd)..........can't figure the Gov't out and not going to try either.

Mark2X2

Yes, there are others. Off the top of my head....Utica, Curtiss-Wright. Others I can't think of at the moment. It's been covered before though....search it.

I should have specified M35A2, are there any more manufactures of the M35A2? and I did try a search. Was curious how interchangeable the parts were on the differnt engines.
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks