• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats this?

Mikey90744

we keep getting these trucks at work. they are mostly getting delivered on semi flat beds but a few have been driven and and dropped off from us army soldiers. I haven't really looked at the trucks but I see no markings like US army or anything on them so I don't even know for sure if they are even for the US armed forces. I dont think you can see anything in this picture but the only writing on the whole truck is put there by the clerks before we load them on flat racks

Attachments

Mikey90744

kewl thanks, every time I looked at pictures of the FMTVs I found other vehicles but I figured it was 2.5 or 5 ton replacement if it was US military
again thanks

Mikey90744

Longshoreman in the LA harbor. I never looked at the B/Ls to see where they are going, but we get them in batches of about 20 to 50 at a time, put them on flat racks lash em down and then they get loaded on the ships later

Mikey90744

I dont know as a fact where they are going, be I believe they go on the ship that goes from ca to Taiwan to china, up to Korea then back to ca, but Im not 100% on that

Mikey90744

ship that's in port right now unloaded about 150 today and there were more to come off and quite a few of these trucks and armored personnel carriers to load back so I started talking to one of the mates, the ship is here from Korea (dont remember what port) heading to oakland, korea, and singapore (he couldnt remember the order for korea and singapore) and then back to the US, so my guess would be they are going to korea. anyway I thought Id share

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BAE Systems is the current contractor I think. At lease the 1085 that we just certified was one of the BEA trucks. ( It was interesting to say the least and a unique comparison to the M54 that was the certification reference.)

Mikey90744

ok not trying to just keep an old thread alive, but figured better here then in a whole new thread.

what in the sam hill is this thing, is this part of a larger unit that was just to large to be shipped in on a lowboy? or is it some kind of tug for aircraft? or something similar

Attachments

Mikey90744

kewl, that was quick and easy, I didnt see it get unloaded so I didnt get to see if they used a lift or drove it off. anyway
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks