• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel O-rings

shootiniron

I bought a couple hummer two piece wheels and I need the O-rings and nuts that hold the two halfs together.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks!!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two kinds of 12 bolt wheels...The earlier 12 bolt wheel has thicker black O-rings, P.N. 12342633, and the later heavier 12 bolt wheel takes the thinner red O-ring P.N. 12460338. The later wheel has a 13th hole in both halfs.
Greg

Army Ed

i reccomend the black O ring for sealing purpose's...that what we use in our shop...works great

emr

yeesh a dollar ! thats awesome....i have 20inch thick or thin for 40 ...thats what they go for around here, 39 plus tax at the tire shops, and the Gaurd here buys em there also...

PeterD

Just a heads up on the Hummer/HMMWV wheels, there are at least three different O ring specifications (8 bolt, 12 bolt old, and 12 bolt new, oh, and heck, I'm sure the 24 bolt wheels have another spec, so that makes four sizes!) If undamaged they are reusable usually. I know of several suppliers if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my list of suppliers.

papakb

The standard HMMWV 8 and 12 bolt wheels can use #457 O-rings with a durometer of 70 (medium-soft). They can be had on Amazon prices at 2 for $7.25.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone used the thicker black O-rings on my rig, (late 12 bolt rims) managed to warp one of the rims to the point I had to replace it, I think this is common practice by some but I would suggest only a person with nothing to lose should do this as this is a litigious society and a lawyer would have a field day with that, If the rim will not seal with the factory oring and using factory procedures it should be replaced or that person is likely to be liable.

EDIT, as a side note, I visit with a guy in Corpus Christi every now and then that is custodian of a large warehouse that has a collection of some of the worst wrecked vehicles I have ever seen, all had extremely serious injuries or deaths involved and all are under litigation (It is a "pool" location for ins. companies)
He says about 75% are tire failures and of those about 60% are Cooper variants (if it does not have a major brand on it, it is probably made by Cooper)
The lawyers come down and take pictures, have "experts" dismantle and inspect them etc. He is lonelier than the Maytag repairman and always enjoys talking about them, and they constantly change as law suits are settled

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks