• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel question

Noclowns

Hi all. I am wanting to order combat wheels with 395’s for my M813a1. I currently have 11.00-20’s on budd wheels. Do I use same mounting hardware? need longer studs?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need lug nuts like that are on the front and ditch the thimbles and outer nuts on the rear. They are 3/4-16 lug nuts. You need 20 right and 20 left.

Noclowns

I thought it was only the hemmtt wheels that required longer studs? Or am I wrong?
Idk. I’ve read so many different things on it lately. I’ve read use all the same hardware, use longer studs up front, use the budd lugs on front to gain width.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
HEMTT wheels require longer studs on M54 m809 series trucks cause they have shorter studs unless you use the recessed type lug nut. M939 Studs are longer. Normal combat wheels you are fine. HEMTT wheels are alot thicker than standard combat wheels whether it be for a 5 ton or LMTV type combat wheel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks