• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy door seals /windshield seals

CPAPPY

I am wanting to find a good source for door seals and window seals , I have use LMC but the door seal seems to be to firm that you need to slam the door shut . Looking for some thing like factory quality. I have heard that the LMC windshield seals are junk .

lindyp38

if u have to slam ur door shut....id like at the door striker pin.......u are probably missing the plastic bushing that slides over the door striker pin shaft......

do a search here.....the fix is really simple......

CPAPPY

No that's not the problem. they seem to be to firm . Thee door shut good before I put the seal on , the gap around the door was very close to being the same , I would sayI am compressing it only about .125/ .187 max.

ranchhopper

If your useing new door gaskets it will take a while to compress shutting the door requires keeping your hand on the handle pushing it shut eliminating the bounce that keeps it from latching.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LMC door seals are fine, but the LMC windshield seal is about 3 inches too long. I threw mine in the dumpster and found a NOS seal at an obsolete parts dealer. Get the GM parts number and Google it - you will be surprised what pops up.

ranchhopper

Yes that is a problem buying from LMC I always search out OEM parts twice the price but Im not going to support china and not to mention the aggravation trying to use parts that dont fit.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend using NOS GM parts if possible. GMPartsGiant dot com is a good place. Just enter the GM part number in the search box and... Presto!

CPAPPY

Yes that is a problem buying from LMC I always search out OEM parts twice the price but Im not going to support china and not to mention the aggravation trying to use parts that dont fit.
Are you saying you had the same problem with the door seal . I have never up in a windshield seal... yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks