• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find doors and how much?

DeuceNewb

I'm looking at purchasing a hmmwv but it doesn't have any doors. I've looked online but only found a few, and 2000 for a set of 4 hard doors sounds like a lot. How much should I expect to pay for 4 hard doors or 4 soft doors so I know what to budget before buying the truck?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My HMMWV also came w out doors. I managed to get all four off eBay. Not all together. Front two were surplus. I had to resew the zippers a bit any buy new handles. The rear set were NOS. I will have to paint them since they are all desert tan any my baby is camo, but at least I have doors.
I ended up spending about $120-130 each. Not cheap but definitely not terrible either.
It amounted to careful searching and being ready to buy when the opportunity arose.
Those were soft doors. Hard doors are apparently hardened with 14K gold, considering what people are charging for them. I never saw a set less than $1K, shipping extra.

Bulldogger

Lawdog734

I would budget $5-600 for a nice set of soft doors. By diligently watching the various websites, you'll likely come in just under that. A set of used (faded or needs stitching) will likely be $75-100 per door.

I find it funny with everyone complaining about or questioning the price of X-doors (hard doors). They're an item that aren't being made anymore, aren't regularly being made available via auction and the demand for them has surged. $2000 is about the going rate anymore for them. I've sold 3 sets that I've come across for roughly the same price without sitting on them for long. Ya might get lucky and spend less, but I don't see the prices of armament carrier stuff getting any cheaper like it was pre-Iron Planet days.

While your typical mechanical parts are still readily available for reasonable prices, or there are commercial alternatives to those items - when it comes to the roof, doors, etc., the prices have all jumped considerably. My understanding is that the company that made the soft tops and doors for the military is out of business and anything that's for an armament carrier doesn't come up very often. As a result, the supply is low and the demand is exceptionally high.

HAWKMAN

I still have a good sized pile of used T/O soft doors available.Drop me a PM and can give you details but right now I'm heading down to the Aberdeen MD show today and will be off-line until Saturday. Thanks!

TacMac2012

I have a couple sets I need to sell. $1500/set cash. They are freshly painted but the body shop didn't do a very good job on them. Bought them for our HMMWV's we have on the car lot but ended up going another route. Some of them will need new window glass (you can get it cut at your local glass shop for less than $40/pane normally).

These are located at our car lot, New Era Motors (winston-salem, NC)

IMG_20160510_174503927.jpgIMG_20160510_174512990.jpg

Mike82ndABN

On a side note, what are you guys doing to make sure no one steals the doors. I would feel nervous as heck leaving my truck out, knowing that I had 2k in doors sitting there for the taking. Can they be locked in the closed position. Functional combat locks and padlock the driver door?

This is the only thing holding me back from buying a set.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
16yrs I have owned a HMMWV, have gone to far to many venues to even remember and not once did that ever occur to me...and this is why I have insurance.

dk8019

I just bought one, it has one X-style hard door, and a soft door laying in the back. I would love to snag three hard doors for it for under $1k

DeuceNewb

great info to know. I wasn't trying to complain that prices were high, but for me being uneducated about the market I thought I might be getting ripped off. I found a set of hard doors for 1500 and from what i've gathered from this thread, it's not a bad deal. I'll be getting doors this weekend. now the waiting period for the euc is really going to suck

1ghiaman

PM sent.

I have a couple sets I need to sell. $1500/set cash. They are freshly painted but the body shop didn't do a very good job on them. Bought them for our HMMWV's we have on the car lot but ended up going another route. Some of them will need new window glass (you can get it cut at your local glass shop for less than $40/pane normally).

These are located at our car lot, New Era Motors (winston-salem, NC)

View attachment 622240View attachment 622241

kfrosty

great info to know. I wasn't trying to complain that prices were high, but for me being uneducated about the market I thought I might be getting ripped off. I found a set of hard doors for 1500 and from what i've gathered from this thread, it's not a bad deal. I'll be getting doors this weekend. now the waiting period for the euc is really going to suck
You live in Wilmington, NC with Southern Metals advertising on craigslist and ebay for engines. They have other parts too which include soft and hard doors. Check with them first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks