• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to post?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mitsubishi mini truck, what is the correct forum?

I guess auxiliary equipment(mostly just generators) or LMTV (just like one but smaller) seem to be the closest logical forums.

What say ye admin?

I know of one other owner on the site. There must be more.

These things were left hand drive, ordered by US government.

Mine is US Army. OD 383 and all.

Spent hours researching today,, found manuals!

Help !!!!!!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, Just want to post about it and learn more.

This is a serious question.

I've seen what others do, so I wanted to ask first.

I know we are NOT getting a Mitsubishi forum(or train/sub, etc) soon.

btw, this thing served proudly at the Nation's Oldest Armory! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watervliet_Arsenal

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
put it in conversations in the messhall

One day the Military stuff must be sorted from all the other really god stuff
Probably if anyone had sense it all would be sorted nomenclature/VIN/
serial number/NSN /PN/ Part number .....
but then the fun of it would be gone ---------------------------------

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mess hall is for premium members only,

conversations is ,
Visit here to talk about general military vehicles things, to tell clean military-related jokes and to post topics that won't fit in elsewhere on the site.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, I have searched the site for about a half an hour and could not find any of these posted anywhere.

I did find someone who has a Mitsubishi car listed in their sig line though(about 300 times).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our local group has (had- long story) a Mitsubishi mini truck (Not Legal For On-Road Use), same appearance truck made in China and Taiwan, and probably a dozen other places. We got one of the Chinese clones from surplus but the injectors are bad and it will only run at an idle. We have fixed several other things on it, but it is a cluster-flub to get parts (we have to get the part out of the vehicle, take pictures from at least three angles, and include drawings of any characters and numbers that appear on it, send it to one US supplier, who then sends it to China and they figure out what part is the correct replacement, let the US supplier know what it will cost, who sends us a bill, and six weeks to three months later a part arrives, and about half the time it works). We now have a line on some Cushman branded mini trucks that have real carburetors and a distributor, not common rail injection. Time will tell if this becomes a bondoogle also.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda discouraged, admin and several mods have seen this with no reply(other than Steve not even taking me serious).

Even a suggestion would be appreciated.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a new category can not be created, I would suggest again to throw it in with the gun trucks, where it will not be as badly buried. Its not (in my opinion) auxiliary equipment or an lmtv and never will be, it's also not likely a gun truck but it "could" be..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish we had a support vehicles forum.

Something for any government spec'd vehicles.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda discouraged, admin and several mods have seen this with no reply(other than Steve not even taking me serious).

Even a suggestion would be appreciated.
Just re-post it in a different forum every hour until you get the instant answer you were looking for.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
But is it considered at civy vehicle thats Gov owned, if the Gov put out a contract to have it built to spec?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I have researched, only left hand drive mini trucks like this were ordered/manufactured by our government.

Right hand drive mini trucks are/were built for civilian use but in foreign countries. Then those get imported here when they are legal to do so.

I'd love to learn more about how these were/are used in service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks