• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which banks sidewinder kit for M1028?

Drock

So I'm shopping for ah sidewinder kit for my M1028 and there seems to be several kit part numbers available. I called banks and got ah half hearted answer from one of there tech kids, who said "there is no kit number" all he could give me was the price of $2357.00. So I called Summit racing, and there tech guy (who was very polite) but not real sure ,gave me the kit number (#25241). Have any of you bought the kit new, and know which one you got?

evldoer

I have a banks kit on my truck, but I got it used. I looked up your part number and it looks like it is the correct kit for your truck. All the parts are there that you will need. FYI Amazon has it listed about 100$ cheaper.

Drock

Thanks evildoer, So is there a special kit for our military trucks or does it matter? I would assume the exhaust would be the difference between kits depending on what truck or blazer it's going on?

evldoer

No special parts are required for the banks kit to be installed on these trucks, but you will need to do something with the front battery because that is where the banks air cleaner box is designed to be mounted. Some of the guys have had luck with 2 smaller batteries mounted on the rear battery tray.

MarcusOReallyus

No special parts are required for the banks kit to be installed on these trucks, but you will need to do something with the front battery because that is where the banks air cleaner box is designed to be mounted. Some of the guys have had luck with 2 smaller batteries mounted on the rear battery tray.
Yeah, some of the folks here have done some nice work on their batteries. Do a search on "battery tray conversion", or check my thread on "two batteries, one tray". I got some good feedback from a few folks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks