• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which battery to use for 12V on M1009

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a guy that wants to jump 12V civvy vehicles from his M1009. He doesn't want to open the hood to do so. So I'm reinventing the wheel and making a 12V slave port, using an Anderson connector so that it will NOT be compatible with the 24V plugs/receptacles.

Any reason not to just grab the front battery and use that for both power and ground? Then he'll have an Anderson connector hanging off the front, similar to what I did on my civvy vehicle.

I don't have access to the M1009, or I'd be able to answer my own question by simply looking at the wiring...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks