• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has M656, XM757 and XM791 Parts?

spicergear

Of course I have to find a specific part on a pretty uncommon truck to seek out- (nothin's easy :grin: ) anyway on these 8x8 trucks, if they came equipped with a front winch they had a PTO on the Allison auto that drove to another PTO box that was frame mounted then to the winch from there. I'm looking for one of those frame mounted boxes. Would be mounted on the passenger's side frame rail. I did get some information from one of the sites premium members about this unit but still have no leads on finding one. Will post a couple of pics later...

Thanks in advance! Any info to the whereabouts of a parts truck or parts people for these is GREATLY appreciated! [thumbzup]

jollyroger

We have two XM 791's WW but we are saving every part we can at this point. Our biggest source for help has been Cranetruck here on SS..........We aspire to know half as much as Cranetruck knows about these trucks. [thumbzup]

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck to you, those things are near impossible to get parts for, too much aluminum for them to have lasted long after the military got rid of them. They're right in suggesting cranetruck, Bjorn know more than anybody about them and IF there are parts out there, he'll know where they are. He helped our "Group" locate some small things we needed, but tou may have to do some "re-engineering" to get what you want. Ours is still suffering from lack of parts.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Idea Gimp.

And we would be willing to do the same for the PTO's we have and for all the bracketry and such as installed. Anything we can do to help........Other than sell you one.;)
Tom has major fab skills and should be able to come up with an alternate solution. I agree with Jollyroger's thoughts.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you looking for the thing circled in red? I have something REAL close to that. It has a high and a low speed. Low seems to be a 1:1 ratio.

spicergear

Gimp, YES- the thing in red. Not the Allison's PTO, but the box it drives to. Looks like these pics out of a truck. These units are not quite 1:1 ratio. They're probably a 15% overdrive in one direction at 10% overdrive in the other. Fairly compact unit...being a just a little larger than a deuce's transmission PTO. Shaft's are 1" keyed so it has some size you can judge but it's not huge. The best part is it's divorce mounted and upper input shaft can be pulled and have the gearset keyed onto it flipped so the shaft can be spun so you don't have both in and out on the same side.

Oh, and Bjorn is the 'premium member' I had mentioned who has already helped with some pics and other info.
[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks