• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHO WHO!! - We Have Ignition!!

paradeduty

Just a quicky post.......

Had a few extra minutes away from the work. Weather was great so curiosity and impatience got the best of me. Wandered out to the back barn to see if the green beasties would fire after their "long winter's nap". The M54 fired with only a little cranking (multifuel). Honestly didn't surprise me as she has always been a great runner. But it is always nice to NOT have any big problems from the git-go. While she was warming up, it was over to the 5-ton HMTT that we got around Christmas. Hasn't been run since we drove it off the lowboy and into the barn in December. Haven't done anything to it yet (waiting for warmer weather - I know....WIMP!) such as filters or injectors. Didn't even put a trickle charger on it (I really never do - just lazy). Flipped the Master Battery Disconnect, turned the key (yes folks this military prototype has a keyed ignition) and not even a full crank and she was off and running!!!!
WHOOO WHOOO!!! :jumpin: Who would have thunk it. Made my day. Talked to my metal fabricator/welding buddy the other day and he is ready whenever I am ready to build a new front bumper (amongst other things bound to come up). Anyways, just wanted to share a little good news. Take care.

Dave

Attachments

paradeduty

Boy, Ace - You got that right - Enough's Enough!

All the kids that come over to play with the trucks (kids of all ages!) think the tires are pretty cool - me too!

My Deuce still has the 9:00 - 20 NDCC's (I think it kind-of needs them - has the 17' long van body - I think she might be heavier empty than the 5-ton!) don't know if it would take well to the big singles with the low wheel wells on the van body. Sure would be nice to have some nice tread though. Some years ago took it to a trail ride w/ some other MV buddies. No intention of taking it on the trails (no room for that big of a box!) just to use as a base of ops. The camp location was all sand and boy did she show her weight there!!! Got a little dicey in the sugar sand!!

Take Care

Dave

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the HMTT ! Great news on them turning over. Nothing like the sound of a perfectly running multifuel after a winter of cabin fever....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks