• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whos got bow corners?

buddy_holly

Can the bow corner be repaired if it's snapped in half? Mine was rusted and looks like it was sawed through halfway. Or is it just easier to get a new one? If so, who can I get one from?

saddamsnightmare

April 3rd, 2010.

I have, I believe, 4 or 6 bow corners for a stock M35A2 if anyone's looking for some.

NB: Mine are stock M35A2 corners, but if you check the TM-10 on the M35A2 series trucks, you will find that dropside corners have a latch on the bows, apparently to make them easier to dismount.(I coild be wrong on this, but I do believe some of my bows have a latching device on them instead of the screws normally used to attach the staves to the corners and bows. The TM10 documents the operation of the bed side restraints on the M35A2C dropsides).
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan;-)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interchangeable. The only difference is the quick release hasp.

I have about ten sets. Wood bows w/wood legs, wood bows w/fiber legs, steel bows w/fiber legs.

NewWheeler

I'm cleaning out some extra gear and have a full set of wooden bows, staves and corners for free if anyone needs or wants them. I'm not really interested in shipping the whole things but I'd ship the corners if that's all someone needs. If you're local to the DFW area you can have the whole shooting match.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm cleaning out some extra gear and have a full set of wooden bows, staves and corners for free if anyone needs or wants them. I'm not really interested in shipping the whole things but I'd ship the corners if that's all someone needs. If you're local to the DFW area you can have the whole shooting match.

PM sent

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody have a some full sets of the bow corners they would sell. I would need them shipped to MT. I have no bows at all on the M35 or Dukw but can make the wood and its cheaper than shipping the whole bow. Does anyone know if the bow corners are different from a CCKW or M35 To a Dukw? I need bows for the Dukw as well as the M35 my CCKW has a nce set and they are almost 70 yrs old but look great. Thanks Eddy

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll send you a set for free. You pay shipping. Send me the shipping info. No idea on th einterchange of parts but I will see what I can find,

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog I sent you an email with the shipping info. The only spare parts I have to offer is a few Half Track flat armor bolts with the flat top. I had an add in the marketplace offering them for free for a while but only got one request and that was from Sweden. It cost $36.00 to ship 30 of them there. Eddy

Attachments

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still need some Bow corners if anyone has any. I sent Warthog my information but have not heard from him in over a month. If anyone has any bow corners that will help me with the M35 and Dukw I would realy be happy as there is a show in early Aug I want to take the trucks too. I am putting the Dukw in the show and giving some army cadets a ride as they are doing volunter work there.

paulfarber

I still need some Bow corners if anyone has any. I sent Warthog my information but have not heard from him in over a month. If anyone has any bow corners that will help me with the M35 and Dukw I would realy be happy as there is a show in early Aug I want to take the trucks too. I am putting the Dukw in the show and giving some army cadets a ride as they are doing volunter work there.
The only difference between the M35 and CCKW corners is that the CCKW corners would have leather straps vs nylon.

I don't think they made the change till very late.. at least the 70s as my 66 M35a2 had a mix of M35A2 and M35A2C corners yet all had leather straps.

I was truly surprised to find that out. A CCKW 'expert' told me there were 'differences' besides the straps... even got into an argument with me over it.

sandcobra164

I can send you a set in about 2 weeks. I'm about 700 miles from my stash right now but if you need them say the last week of July, I should be able to help. They'd be shipping from GA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks