• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why do some cucv's need EUC's and others don't?

Ripcord01

Nothing to do with service. I are not 100% sure as to why GL does this. I have noticed it is certain bases that offer these. When I asked the GL rep she couldn't give me a answer. So who knows?

sgreen2

TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales (Sales No. is greater than or equal to 6000)

The sale number I was watching was less than 6000 and had a condition code of F7. So according to the above listed a SF97 can be applied for and issued. So I guess it doesn't or doesn't always have to do with the condition of the property.

papercu

EUC and SF97 are two different things. Demil code are determine by the NSN sometime a digit will be off and not corrected, so no ECU. Wayne

Last edited:

K9Vic

They are in process of changing the demil designations for the CUCVs and M101 trailers.
I won a M101A2 at Hooks on 9/22/2011 and there was no EUC listed in the auction and on my invoice. Last December 2010 I bought a M101A2 from Hooks and had to fill out the EUC and took about 40 days to clear. So I guess I was able to slip by this time without one and can get my trailer next week. That will be great I as would rather have it sooner than later.

Keith_J

TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales (Sales No. is greater than or equal to 6000)

The sale number I was watching was less than 6000 and had a condition code of F7. So according to the above listed a SF97 can be applied for and issued. So I guess it doesn't or doesn't always have to do with the condition of the property.

Great. I just won a M1031 with 9009 original miles in running condition, only the sale number is 10826 so it is a scrap sale, no SF97 provided. Overall, the vehicle is in great shape, why did it get sold as scrap? And furthermore, why the EUC?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a SF-97. They have not updated the legal page. They ran out of numbers.

Unless the sale says "NO SF-97" then they will still take your $60.

My CUCV-II had a 10000+ number and I have the SF-97 in hand.

The EUC all depends on who coded it at turn in. I have seen fiberglass canoes that needed an EUC. Try to figure that one out.

Last edited:

sgreen2

I have since learned that the number must be below 6000 or above 10000 in order to obtain a SF-97. If it falls inbetween, such as 8000 or something, then it will be a scrap sale. That is how it was explained to me by GL anyway.

Keith_J

Thanks, Warthog. I was just worrying over nothing. Or more realistically, wondering how I got such a deal. It is missing most of the tools but has two sets of NATO cables and the grounding rod slide hammer. Still a bargain for $4601. With tax and premium, still under $6k. Will take $800 in diesel plus pork rinds and Dr. Pepper for the recovery crew. I'll even spring for a Motel 6 along the way.

Keith_J

I have since learned that the number must be below 6000 or above 10000 in order to obtain a SF-97. If it falls inbetween, such as 8000 or something, then it will be a scrap sale. That is how it was explained to me by GL anyway.
I was really stressing earlier. Thanks for bringing that up, guess GL has grown too fast. $60 beats the stress, plus I get a direct title. Something of real value in a low mileage vehicle. No, I'm not selling it. 12kW of mobile generation with LSD/locker equipped 4x4 AND a NP 205? That is a goldmine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks