• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

why left front always leaks design flaw?

ncduece

just curious my trucks all seem to be prone to leaking gear oil on the left side front . one i just did a seal job on 1952 m35a2. i saw some steaks on the inside of the tire after a 400 mile run. my 87 m35a2cs is leaking also after i drove it the about the same distance. after studying it during the seal job if i am still remembering correctly i noticed the axle shaft really has no support other than the splines so i believe it allows it to whip in the seal area deforming the seal then leaking. more often on the left side being that the axle is longer allowing more whip. my m818 was leaking left front before the seal job i did on it!. what are you guys finding on your trucks?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
LF axle seal and wheel seal leak on the 813 , RF axle seal and wheel seal on the M37... both started in the same week...

Fixed one mon and one wed.

Maybe its a green cloud over NC or something:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks