• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will an electronic tachometer from M35A3 with 3116 work on an FMTV with 3116?

My truck is an M1083A0, with 3116. I would expect the tachometer from M35A3 to work, since both trucks have the same engine (Cat 3116), just at a different power setting. I am wondering if anybody here was able to make it work?

Ronmar

The FMTV gages are weird. The lighting on them is 12 volt, but the gage itself is 24. Not sure if the M35a3 is the same or not.
Yes the LMTV gauges are weird. In the case of the tach sensor used by the 3116 though, it probably would not matter as the sensor is self powered/generates the signal pulses internally.

You would have to find 12v to power a 12v gauge. Not sure what the M35 uses for gauge power. The A0 does not have switched 12v ignition, which makes it a little more difficult. I converted the work light relay on mine to provide switched 12. Its real easy,I did a video on it over on my youtube channel, user name Rronmar…

Yes the LMTV gauges are weird. In the case of the tach sensor used by the 3116 though, it probably would not matter as the sensor is self powered/generates the signal pulses internally.

You would have to find 12v to power a 12v gauge. Not sure what the M35 uses for gauge power. The A0 does not have switched 12v ignition, which makes it a little more difficult. I converted the work light relay on mine to provide switched 12. Its real easy,I did a video on it over on my youtube channel, user name Rronmar…
Thanks for posting that video, it's very educative and useful. I really appreciate the knowledge sharing. I will need 12 volt switched anyway, for various pieces of equipment, like back-up camera, Audio system, GPS, phone charger and so on.

coachgeo

Thanks for posting that video, it's very educative and useful. I really appreciate the knowledge sharing. I will need 12 volt switched anyway, for various pieces of equipment, like back-up camera, Audio system, GPS, phone charger and so on.
some of those may be 12v/24v...... look close....... more you put on the 24v circuit the better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks