• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Willys CJ3B, "military?"

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of a 1953 Willys CJ3B with around 9k miles, in a garage since 1973. It has NDCC tires and was purchased from the State of Ohio Dept of Agriculture in 1973. There are a number of things about it that appear "military," but I thought the CJ3B was a civilian jeep.

Anyway, it is for sale. The seller started the restoration process years ago, but stopped. Original 4 cylinder engine is missing, but there are (2) Buick V-6s with it. Everything else is there, straight, and VERY clean. No rust or rot.

Just curious if it would be of any interest to anyone here, even if it isn't necessarily a "pure" M-V.

Just trying to help out an old friend.

Thanks in advance.

FrankUSMC

RE: Is a CJ3B, "military?"

Yes, the CJ-3B was "drafted". Alot of them were purchased and given to South Vietnam. The SeaBees (Navy) also got alot of them. There are a couple out there that have been restored. Neat item on them is the full windshield that folds out. I found one years ago here, and past on it......still kicking myself.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a CJ3B alright! A nice one at that. Can you post more pics of it?

The CJ3B that I'm ultimately trying to help get sold is in equally great shap, only dis-assembled and garaged. Many extra parts. Again, the 4-cylinder engine is gone, but two (2) V-6s at the ready. I understand the original engines are available for around $1600.00 - $1800.00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks