• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window tinting?

Strong50

I have been told by my local window tint installer that the windows ( accept the operable driver and passenger window ) need to be removed before they can warranty the window tint job. The installer claims that "tucking" window tint behind the window seals will not let the water escape during tinting. It sounds plausible and I have no idea about window tint. I searched SteelSoldiers and looks like a couple people have tinted LMTV's? Has anyone else removed their windows? it seems like the window seals would be ruined? If this is the only way to get a quality tint job, i'll do it. Does anyone have a source for new window seals or advice about window tinting? Thank you in advance.

coachgeo

I have been told by my local window tint installer that the windows ( accept the operable driver and passenger window ) need to be removed before they can warranty the window tint job. The installer claims that "tucking" window tint behind the window seals will not let the water escape during tinting. It sounds plausible and I have no idea about window tint. I searched SteelSoldiers and looks like a couple people have tinted LMTV's? Has anyone else removed their windows? it seems like the window seals would be ruined? If this is the only way to get a quality tint job, i'll do it. Does anyone have a source for new window seals or advice about window tinting? Thank you in advance.
Try another shop and don't tell them you've been elsewhere. See if they say the same thing. That way you know or not if the first shop you went to was pushing for work you don't need to make extra money off of you???

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like a line of bravo sierra. I've had many cars tinted. They always cut to rough shape on the outside and install on the inside using trim & tuck. They instruct you to keep the windows rolled up for three days and park in the sun to dry it out.

I don't thing that shop wants to work on your truck for whatever reason.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks