• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor exhaust Question

aziator

Couldn't find my specific answer through searching and don't want to keep throwing money at parts. When I got my M923A2 from GP the wipers worked but had a constant leak of air from the exhaust port on the motor.

My first question is, Is this normal, is air supposed to vent all the time from the wiper motor exhaust?

I replaced all the rubber lines and the leak got a little less. I was told it was probably my wiper control valve so I ordered 2 of those NOS. Installed one last night and the leak got a little louder on that motor. At this point I have to think the motor itself has a leak (or is air supposed to always vent from the exhaust?). If both motors have leaks I am more inclined to install electric motors and ditch the air all together. Thoughts? Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think mine made a little bit of exhaust noise, but I wear headphones so I really don't know, or I didn't use my wipers anyways. I just went to electric cause it was a reasonable upgrade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks