• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wireless Key

linhster

I have been using a wireless "kill" switch for about a month now. Seem to be effective at killing the off/on/start switch and also keeping the original look. I know it's not a supper complicated process. Just wanted to find out how many out there might be interested in this setup? No key, just a fob :smile:

papakb

In the 996 ambulance body I added a remote switch for the interior lights because climbing into the black hole at night was confusing for some people. The remote works great but I had an occasion where the lights got turned on while it was parked and even though they have all been replaced with LEDs, after a month it ran the battery down. Without an external indicator I never knew they were on.

Kurt

linhster

It's an electronic relay, so it does consume power when activated. So if you leave it unused for extended time (greater than 6 months), I can see it impacting the battery drain. Other than that, it should not be an issue. Good point though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks