• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring M101A1

hoffy85

I pulled the bed off the M101A1 trailer I recently bought. I pulled off the previous rats nest wiring that someone did. I got back down to the original pig tail wires and I'm trying to figure out what each wire does exactly. Below are the numbers on the pig tails and what I've figured out so far. The numbers with question marks are the ones that i'm trying to figure out. I'm still sorting through articles to try and find out but I figured I would post a thread to try and get it figured out faster. I need to know that 21489, 23, 24484, and 24483 are for. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

21489- Running lights
22460- Right turn/ brake light
22461- Left turn/ brake light
23-?
24484-?
24483-?

Last edited:

hoffy85

Success! If someone could confirm this that would be awesome. Also what are the blackout lights????

This is what I found out:

21489- Running lights
22460- Right turn signal/ Brakes
22461- Left turn signal/ Brakes
23- Black out stop light
24484- Left blackout brake/ turn signal
24483- Right blackout brake/ turn signal

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24484= right blackout light
24483= left blackout light
23= - ground
that's an educated guess

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blackout light is the most lowest lens on the military tail light. for driving in night combat situations

hoffy85

Ah ok. I always wondered what those were. I guess I won't be needing those. I guess I could just put a cap on those wires for the blackout lights!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Capping the leads would work, or keep them activated in case you have to leave the state of CA under night combat conditions.... you never know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering what you're towing with, why not put a civy trailer light kit on it. Cheap, simple and all new. If your truck plug is wired for backup lights you can add that to the trailer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks