• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO (again)

47to70

Have several totes that have been sitting for 5 years, been running the WMO through a 3 micron filter/water separator, only sucking off the top 50 gallons or so. Then refill the tote and it goes back to sitting for another 5 years. Thought that should be good to go but read here in an older post that gas needs to be added to really get it to settle. (1) Is that the consensus here? (2) If so, how much gas should be added to a 375 gallon tote to get the job done?

dmetalmiki

FIVE years..? Wow!. That will clean enough' to go' as iz in my opinion, AND filtered? Gosh!..mor'an ready to go.
BUT, To get more bang for your buck..(Or ruble)..ANY amount (Not exeeding half (50%)). Would be the 'Icing on the cake'.

V8srfun

From what I understood the gasoline just made the settlement faster. If adding to your totes that are going to be slightly drained and refilled I would use as little as possible so the percentage in the tote does not get excessive over time.

ToddJK

If you really wanna get rid of it, I accept free deliveries!

If you're giving it away, save yourself the time and money from doing anything to it. Gas helps but ultimately, gravity does the work and over time, the bottom is holding any particles missed when filtered.

ToddJK

47to70,

Did you see my post about free oil and diesel? 2 totes of oil and a 55 gallon drum of diesel. Free for the taking...
If you really wanna get rid of it, I accept free deliveries!

Have several totes that have been sitting for 5 years, been running the WMO through a 3 micron filter/water separator, only sucking off the top 50 gallons or so. Then refill the tote and it goes back to sitting for another 5 years. Thought that should be good to go but read here in an older post that gas needs to be added to really get it to settle. (1) Is that the consensus here? (2) If so, how much gas should be added to a 375 gallon tote to get the job done?
Gas helps but also keep vapors in mind. You'll want to wear eye protection whenever you remove the cap, but ultimately gravity has done the work for you. If you can get your hands on it, try out some jet fuel, not aviation gas but jet fuel, JP-5. Looks like clear Kerosene, mixes real well with wmo and runs much better than gas but that can be a difficult commodity to get.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks