• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wmo centrifuge

poppacap

The best way to clean is a centrafuge,my friend Scott and i went in on one and saved money that way.we got ours from wolverine technoligies in monroe michigan.he says it cleans down to a half micron,so we get free fuel and no clogged filters.im going to try wmo in my tractor too plus a 1.6l vwdiesel rabbit engine on my sand rail.anyway you look at the price at 4 bucks a gal thts about 4 fill up in a duece it will pay for itself.

1987notchback

hey guys first post, have been reading a lot recently on the site. i found this on another forum. not sure how good it is but i am sure a lot of guys will know if this is good or bad for a diy system it is the cheapest i have seen and seems of good quality. hope this helps

a 55 GPH WVO CENTRIFUGE / WMO CENTRIFUGE

weisskr

Notchback- I just ordered one of their 65 GPH units. I watched the demonstation videos and it seems like a pretty simple unit. I already have pumps so I will not need those from their sites. I have lots of different types of oil to test on it so I will try and report back how it works.

Kevin

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You guys should do a search here for centrifuge. Some have units like that and are not too happy with them.

weisskr

TacDoc- I bought the next one up and so far it is doing what I expect short of heating the oil first. I plan to purchase the heater soon and improve my cleaning power. All of this stuff hinges on how well you dewater and pre-filter stuff before you run it through the centrifuge.
I have some pretty ugly stuff I start out with and so far Im pretty happy with what it does. The equipment from PA Biodiesel is quality stuff for the money sp far.

Kevin

TacticalDoc

TacDoc- I bought the next one up and so far it is doing what I expect short of heating the oil first. I plan to purchase the heater soon and improve my cleaning power. All of this stuff hinges on how well you dewater and pre-filter stuff before you run it through the centrifuge.
I have some pretty ugly stuff I start out with and so far Im pretty happy with what it does. The equipment from PA Biodiesel is quality stuff for the money sp far.

Kevin

I dont think I'd have to heat the oil since I'm in FL and my garage gets pretty hot. I'm looking for a setup to make 50 to 100 gals every once in a while as a back up fuel source. So, I'm not sure a 500 or 600 dollar system is needed. I might just filter the oil to 5 microms and water filter.

weisskr

The manufacture recommends the oil to be near 150 degrees F to properly clean. I think that temp would be dependant of what you are filtering and the viscosity of the oil. I tried mine without the heater this weekend and it was doing an ok job. I have decided to build a flash heater just prior to my centrifuge one similar to this link....
Dieselcraft Centrifuge for WVO, vegetable oil fuel, biofuel, alternative fuels, svo, cooking oil, biodiesel
AS for cost so far I have about 180 bucks in the centrifuge and I have most of the other stuff needed such as the pump, fittings, barrels, hoses, gauges and filters. I plan to spend 50 bucks or less for the flash heater.
Just keep in mind depending on what you are cleaning your fuel for that the higher temp will improve several things such as water removal even if you think there is no water in the oil and filtering issues.

Kevin

PsycoBob

Cheap and centrifuge don't go together. There's two main kinds: oil-pressure & motor driven. The first looks cheaper until you finish building the system.

Both need hot oil- don't kid yourself, you WILL need a heater. Heat also helps water either settle out, or flash off in the centrifuge.

That dieselcraft unit & my Spinner 76se both need a powerful pump to feed it fairly high-pressure oil (50-100PSI, depending on centrifuge models). Mine needs 90psi @ 2.5gpm+. My last pump was rated at 5gpm at the speed I turned it. As the oil warmed it couldn't keep up with the centrifuge & pressure dropped. They're repurposed bypass filters & will NOT completely clean the oil in one pass. Sediment capacity is very low. Cost goes up quick when you remember the need for pressure/temp capable pump & hoses.

Motor driven units use a bowl spun by, well, a motor. You adjust a dribble of oil to control the feed rate- output oil is clean in ONE pass, unless you set the feed too high, or overfill the bowl with sediment/water. Newer designs improve feeding to reduce splashing, allowing cleaner oil than older models. Huge sediment capacity compared to oil-driven models. No high-pressure pump needed, just one big enough to lift oil back up into the feed tank.

If I had to invest time/money all over again, I'd get a new motor-driven unit like the 'Raw Power' series. Gravity-feed from one tank into the centrifuge, then into the 'clean' tank. If the bowl fills up from a really nasty batch, I can just pump it back up to the upper tank & re-run it. If the centrifuge runs dry, it won't hurt it. Open the valves, set a timer on the motor for longer than it'll take & walk away.

Blind Driver

I'm thinking about buying a single pass unit. Such as...

Wolverine Technologies LLC Wolverine Centrifuge for WVO, WMO, Biodiesel
Oil Centrifuge Shop
WVO Centrifuge - Raw Power Centrifuge - A Better Way To Easily Filter Waste Vegetable Oil! - Utah Biodiesel Supply
Store | Absolute Centrifuge

I haven't heard anything seriously negative about any of these unit. The Absolute unit is a mystery as the website doesn't really give much info and there are no vids showing the unit at work. I really like how the unit has a built in heater and looks professional.

Trying to decide which unit to buy is making my head hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks