• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a trailer no sf-97

mobhs

Won and picked up a PU-753/M power unit. Got home from Sparta and went to apply for a title (SF-97) so I can register it here in IL. GL website says:

There are no lots in invoice #6088** and sale #11093 for Customer that need an SF97 Request!

So what do I do now? Can I title a trailer in IL with just a bill of sale? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
Brandon

Last edited:

KsM715

Whats the complete sale #? was it a scrap sale? Some scrap sales will state "No SF97's will be issued for lots in this sale" or something similar to that.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a scrap sale to me. If GL won't give you a SF97, the only other option you've got is to go to the DMV and see if they can help you.

KsM715

I would get on the online chat with GL and ask about it. Just to be sure, double check your invoice numbers that your typing in.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sundance has it right. :) Why pay for an sf97 when you can register it in Maine with just a bill of sale. Check out all the major trucking and inter-modal fleets on the highway. They are not based in Maine but the majority of fleets register their trailers in Maine. They are super friendly, fast, and no BS. Perfectly legal and you will have a registration slip with your agents info in Maine and your name address listed as owner also on the slip. No title needed or given based on the age of the trailer.

It can all be done via email with a credit card and a brand new shiny plate in your hands in 7 days. I have used them multiple times and will never deal with a state dmv bureaucracy with a trailer ever again.:p

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won and picked up a PU-753/M power unit. Got home from Sparta and went to apply for a title (SF-97) so I can register it here in IL. GL website says:

There are no lots in invoice #6088** and sale #110** for Customer ** that need an SF97 Request!

So what do I do now? Can I title a trailer in IL with just a bill of sale? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
Brandon
First, I recommend you delete your customer number from the above post, second, the link you posted ( Model PU-753/M power unit. With a 1986 Libby welding model MEP-003A 10 KW diesel generator set. 120V 1 Ph, 120/240 1 Ph, - Government Liquidation) has a different sale (11093) and lot number (7423) than above. Be sure to enter the correct information from your invoice, if you are, then something is goofy, call GL.

As far as titling it in IL, take Westech's suggestion and call your DMV. Don't ask us for legal advice in IL, it won't stand up in court.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Also........did you basically pick up from GL, drive home, and then try to run the numbers for the sf-97 the same day?

The reason I ask is you gotta remember they aren't the fastest bunch.........wait a week and try again, the numbers might not have been processed yet. Also like said make sure you put in the correct numbers, and don't forget anything or it gets sent back.

Uloadit

i am running in to the same thing. they toled me to to click on the sf97 request and fill out the sf97 and then fax that in and i only have two vin munbers .I hope i get something back . If I known I would not have bid on it

quickfarms

I bought a light tower a while back and was unable to order the sf97 online. I printed out the paper request for the sf97 and faxed it to them and I received that sf97 in the same package as the ones ordered online.

runk

vehicle vs. equipment

I bought a light tower a while back and was unable to order the sf97 online. I printed out the paper request for the sf97 and faxed it to them and I received that sf97 in the same package as the ones ordered online.
Ditto on a "power-plant" (M103 trailer with 2 MEP-003a on it).
According to the GL rep I spoke to on the phone, their automated system won't deal with "equipment", only "vehicles". Equipment that includes a vehicle has to be manually processed. I e-mailed my form instead of faxing it.

You may face another problem after you get the SF-97. GL will not pull out just the trailer value, so you may have to pay taxes and fees on the full lot purchase price, even though the trailer value may be a fraction of the total value. Happened to me, but in Texas the value only hits you on the initial title transfer, so it wasn't worth going through the state's special process to get an acceptable appraisal of the trailer's value.

mobhs

Also........did you basically pick up from GL, drive home, and then try to run the numbers for the sf-97 the same day?

The reason I ask is you gotta remember they aren't the fastest bunch.........wait a week and try again, the numbers might not have been processed yet. Also like said make sure you put in the correct numbers, and don't forget anything or it gets sent back.
It wasn't same day but close. I'll try waiting a couple more days then give it another shot. Thanks

mobhs

Well I heard from GL and I have to fill out a manual form for a SF-97. I'm filling it out and have a couple questions for ya'll. What would the body style of the trailer be? The auction lists the weight at 2000 lbs. The Data plate lists the empty weight at 780 and loaded at 2860. So would 2860 be the GVWR?

grinch5326

So if you cant get and SF97 you can get around that by registering in maine?? just want to make sure I read that correctly.

Doing some research I'm still active duty and always wanted one of those 1986 camo blazers LOL.

TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales. There is a processing fee of $60 for EACH SF97 requested.

I have no idea why they refer to it as a sale# when the only things I see on the site are event #'s and Lot #'s.

So what is it? Also I can seem to find a vehicle that has numbers that I can get a title for since thay all seem to get over 6000 even with truck that have videos where they are driving them around.

Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They ran out of numbers. The new numbers are 10000+. They haven't updated their information.

Welcome to the site. You need to add your state to your profile. That is a site requirement

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks