• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won't start when cold

Onestar

So I had replaced the batteries and the glow plugs. It was a fairly warm day when I did the work so I put the batteries back in and it fired right up. I didn't think anything of it went out the next morning to drive it to work and the wait light was on for a long time and all it would do is turn over, but wouldn't start. After doing some searching and testing I found out it was the glow plug relay. So I went with one of the ones I had read about on here

BWD-Solenoid Part #s603

The day I had done the work it was much colder, so I figured it would be the perfect day for the test. Short wait light and she fired right up.

I know you guys love pictures but the roomate threw the old one out before I could get any. The terminals were so rusted when I touched any of the wires to disconnect them the terminals broke off.

Just wanted to say thanks, and let people know that that solenoid works great and the company has fast shipping.

idM1028

About the same thing happened with mine. I went to take the bolts off and the casing actually cracked :shock: Not like "hair-line" crack either. Like "good-sized-pieces-came-off" crack. IIRC I got a new GPR109 from NAPA. Good price (around $30) and makes a nice loud clunking noise when it cycles the plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks