• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on my cab

GUNNY 155

I saw the pictures of your cab tub you are working on. Not sure how far you have gotten but I have a tub that has good sheet metal and solid interior structures. Some of the floor supports need work. I am replacing mine with one I picked up that had spent its life at Davis Monthan AFB in the land of warm and dry so zero rust. I also have two fenders which need the typical pacth panels where the head lights mount but otherwise are soild. If any of this will help your cause let me know.

nattieleather

Gunny,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just about done with the cab. I have gotten the floor in and I'm just finishing up some things before it goes back on the frame till I can get it media blasted. Funny thing is the fenders are in great condition. Just the drivers side of the cab had problems. Plus shipping a body from Ill to OH was more money than I wanted to spend. I have $150.00 in material and welding wire right now. I'm doing a project on this truck so original diamond tread is not important.

Again thanks for the offer. Here are some more recent pictures.

Attachments

GUNNY 155

Looks nice. I am a mechanic from way back so all that stuff is easy. Paint and body work I can do also. Was a pertty good welder at one time but no experience with the new stuff they have now. Which is why I opted for replacement parts. I am hoping to find some one that could use these body parts I would hate to see them back in my house in the form of a new washer and dryer or something like that. Cheers!

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you got guts, i would walk away from that in a second, but i get your logic...

then again, i've pulled radio's out of the bottom of drums filled with oil water and brought them back.. :)

nattieleather

I figured what did I have to loose.... If it didn't work and I missed it all up then I could drop a grand or two getting another cab. As it turned out I'm a head of the game money wise. I hope to have a few more pics posted next week.

nattieleather

Well I got some more work done. Since I'm switching to hanging pedles I decided that I don't need removeable toe boards so I welded them in. I have more welding to do. I ran out of wire... :lol: and once I get the cab back into normal position I will weld the inside to clean it up. Anyway here are some more pictures.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks