• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working the deuce.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally a good reason for my dump bed. Got an old barn that was tore down before I bought my house. Removing the foundation so I can plant grass, and use the old barn ramp to load stuff in the deuce. Only made two trips so far, not sure how much wieght I have on the truck. The dump works great, and the bed isn't bending.

Driving the truck takes some time to get to speed. I have to use all the gears in low range, and then grab 4th in high range. Darn valve stem got a hole on my tractor, so am waiting on a new tube before I get back to work.

Attachments

Last edited:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had about that much dirt in the back of my duece, I was very happy with how it handled, you could barely tell it was there. Only problem was I don't have a dump bed so I had to shovel all the dirt out by hand, talk about backbreaking. These truck pay for themselves and then some when it comes time for work.

alphadeltaromeo

I just gotta say...apart from enjoying the pics of the deuce at work, it's great to see the countryside around your place as well. Looks really peaceful out there...until you fire up the deuce of course :p

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The muffler is from napa, been a couple of threads about it.

Love living out here, but lot more work than in the city! The tree I tried to pull out and I have become friends. It is going to be there for a while. Mostly concrete and rock in the truck, with a covering of dirt.

Dennis

Last edited:

CGarbee

Love the photos... They'll also be good to have around the next time somebody asks "why would you want to own that thing..."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks