• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would someone mind taking some pictures of their A/C brackets for me?

TexAndy

I'm going to try to make some A/C compressor brackets to add air conditioning to my 1009. The only pics I've been able to find of the brackets are from Napoleon Tanerite's build a few years ago and the pictures aren't very clear on a few details.

Barrman

Nostalgia air products has some great brackets. They get them made by a place in Ft Worth. I can't link them here from my phone. I think I have your email so I will try sending it to you.

I also put put pictures of them on my M1009 on a thread here or the Zone a year ago when I wrote about the a/c install. I am very pleased with them. A year into use and all is well. I would not recommend NAP a/c though. Go down the street to Vintage Air is my suggestion and what I will do on my other M1009.

TexAndy

Yes. The nostalgia air kit is the brackets I was looking at that Napoleon Tanerite used.

For the money, I'm not really impressed with the look of the components in the NAP kit. But I would be happy to copy their brackets, tho!

sweetk30: I'm, not sure what compressor to run. I'm thinking a sanden sd7h15 (or copy thereof), which are made to operate on r134a. There appear to be 24V clutch, v belt pulley versions of it available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks