• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker parts info

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm...might help to identify what wrecker you are getting. We have an M816 and the spades do not stow there...and the spare tire?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
John, the BII kit is detailed in the PSmag here on the site. PB, looks like an M62 bed, might not be his, but a pic he found relating to wreckers, and now he is looking for whatever that is. I have never seen those before, but there is alot I haven't seen. ;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just guess, but maybe those things are used to lift crates? Like lagbolt them to the wooden corners, just a guess.

WPNS421

Thingys on wrecker

I have a feeling that the items are bolted to a box/vehicle and used to tied down heavy eqpt. f you look at the items closely you see 4 bolt holes and the clevis but there are 2 different types thingys. Look at the clevis and they attched to the piece in different direction, bolted on the side or rear all clevis in the same direction??? Used on something like a bridging 5 ton???
I am going to buy my new M816 next week and will look at the wreckers in the yard to see if the items are there.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have looked at all the pages of tms showing all the tools for a 816 and those are not in the offical lists... looks like it was a left over peice of equipment the soldier on that wrecker thought he could use again. there were some rope with blocks n tackle .. i thing there were for something along that line :roll:

poppop

Probably depends on where you find them, as I got a set in great shape for $100.00 for the pair. He only had one pair though.

jfnemt1ff1

Thanks all I to have looked all over the tms and tool lists and have not come across anything like that. Maybe like said its something that they just through on. I am going to try to restore it back to the day the army got it so I have been looking all over the net at diffrent pics. Ok so iam crazzy but just like my goat and 725 I luv to try to do it right.
John:wink:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i to am trying to get all the parts together.. i have a couple spare snatch blocks for the wrecker an some axle clamps selling for another member... i do need one more of those super large pins that hold the spades in the sockets. if anyone know of a source to locate those.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jay, I have a source for the ground spades. They were $120 a set last year. When I get back from 54reo's PM me and I will see if the price has stayed the same.

joec

I have alot of stuff for the wrecker. all 3 bocks. 2 single and 1 double pulley. Torches and all the hardware for axles and so. And 1 spade.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last year I was up at Memphis Equipment and they had a pallet stacked waist high with spades, all looked new, when I asked they were a special order from the gov., MEC had them made somewhere there in Memphis, I think they were $300 each.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks